Ttop repair ? Costs?

Nice!!! Now dig in, by the time your done you'll have plenty of experience...Mike

What about cleaning it up and using por15 epoxy and por patch? Worked wonders for a friend of mine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just the thought of the two holes I have there made me sick lol. Cant see taking all this off to just 'fill' the whole Id rather just actually replace the panel and have it looking good.

Im sure that would work, but id feel like I had a half ass car an wouldnt really appreciate it much if I did that

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393120550.315341.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393120617.592410.jpg

Old rusty front header panel is removed, new one fits like a glove ( Gbodyparts.com awesome part). Should be welded in by Tues or Wed after I clean up underneath the area it goes above.

Lost so far on getting the spot welds and the old panels out the rear of the ttoo area , anyone know. Ive drilled the spot welds out but the sandwiched piece isnt coming out the middle. Going to try again Tuesday

Sometimes the spot welds are not a perfect dot. They are also sometimes bunched very close to each other and can make it difficult to even see them or even cut them. Your doing good on the fix , looking forward to more progress and pics.

Sometimes the spot welds are not a perfect dot. They are also sometimes bunched very close to each other and can make it difficult to even see them or even cut them. Your doing good on the fix , looking forward to more progress and pics.

I noticed that today there was like 5 right next to each other and one really thick globbed up one.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393300207.229843.jpg

Got the middle sandwiched piece out today so all old stuff is removed.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393300267.594381.jpg

Haha yea, I know see why people charge alot for these repairs its alot of work. Not that bad once you get into it though.

it was actually easier to replace the header with the roof skin since I didnt need to worry about the spot welds. I know its not out yet...but I can see the roof skin and header panel being better to replace as a pair

Nice , yea I checked that thread out before I started working on mine. The portion underneath my old header panel is pretty much rust free.

Nice to see you decided to do the repairs yourself. One to show that the average joe can do a lot on their own and two, the amount of work that goes into doing it right.