Ttop repair ? Costs?

I too had rot and bought the entire front plate Gbody sells.
The body shop I used did a great job! The cost was about $1700 which included a new windshield and painting. Keep in mind this did not include the cost of the new piece from Gbody. So you need to factor that in.

I'm sure pending in your location and which body shop you choose will dictate the price. This should give you some idea.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

1700... Geesh. I did the entire repair and tested all the prototypes on my 84, replaced both A pillars and tested the roofskin. I'd imagine 5k there then

I do not want to take up my seal because I an scared of what is under there. I have water coming down the pillars. I pulled the inside trim and a PO filled the hole with RTV to try and stop the water.

Brandon

I do not want to take up my seal because I an scared of what is under there. I have water coming down the pillars. I pulled the inside trim and a PO filled the hole with RTV to try and stop the water.

Brandon

Only one way to find out lol , and I bet that puddy will end up making it worse. I was told the epoxy that was on mine made matters worse. You can get a hardtop swap for around 1500$. These ttops seem to be a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Here's my 2 cents on ttops vs hardtop. I bought this car a few years ago and just got around to address the issue last year. However, I do not plan for this car to sit outside in the open to all the weather elements that were probably exposed to this car prior to me owning it. So with the ttops being done correctly, I don't see I will have to deal with this issue again other than possibly new weatherstrip seals.

Also, I don't plan on washing this car as often as I do my DD drivers, so it will not be seeing much of water in the future. Not to mention, if there's even a hint of rain in the forecast, this car will probably not be used as to not be caught in the rain.

Same goes for me. If my ttops can be fixed for a good price ill do it but I cant see paying upwards of 5k to fix that. If it was that bad where it cost that much.

or take a position like me. Learn how to do it and just pay for the parts. But the person needs to have the tools and basic knock around sense. Its not hard at all to do. Just takes a little time to do correct.

I am going to tackle mine myself. I am saving up funds so i can do all of the body at the same time.

Brandon

I can't see it costing upwards or anywhere near $5k!

With all new SS Ttop parts along with the new SS piece along the front windshield from Gbody and labor came to about $2.5K or so.

2500-3000 may be correct if you are going for the volume deal. I am referring to new roof skin, A pillars, windshield, interior ripped out and put back, lots of labor. I bet would be near 5k for what I did

Would love to do mine myself but think I would just mess it up in the process, me welding experience is about 30 minutes lol

Found a local retired body guy whos going to teach me how to do the repair , looking forward to tackling this and learning something new !!!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392921872.441788.jpg