TTA on Ebay

70Mach1

Low miles, 8700. Did carfax and shows car was auctioned in 1990 and nothing after that. Take a look at it, and let me know what you think.

Seller does not have good history, but info dates back to '04, That is probably why EBAY won't even put their BS purchase protection on the auction.

I e-mailed asking about any documentation for the mileage. No response yet, but it only went on late last night, so we'll see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-A...oryZ6427QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yea I was watching it also. I e-mailed him and nothing back yet as well. That is the brother to my car. The vin is also one digit off from mine. :cool: Shame it's in that shape with those low miles. Figure the original tires would still be on it. Don't look like the best storage garage either. :eek:

The pictures aren't the greatest and neither is the description. If he responds and you guys are interested I can go check it out this Saturday if needed.

why is the gold off the emblems?? ****ty pics !! Jim go down there and get some good ones :p

If I go down there ima buy it! :biggrin: Still nothing from the seller.

72firebird: Just for $hits see if you can contact him and go check it out and report back! I'd love to know how that turbo badge got cracked! I think the speedo cable might have fallen off this car! :eek:

phillyturbosix said:
If I go down there ima buy it! :biggrin: Still nothing from the seller.

72firebird: Just for $hits see if you can contact him and go check it out and report back! I'd love to know how that turbo badge got cracked! I think the speedo cable might have fallen off this car! :eek:

I haven't heard anything back either. I have a feeling you might be correct on the cable.

Still haven't heard from this guy. Who lists a car and don't check their e-mail. almost makes me wonder if this is some kid selling this or someone that don't know to much other then what the documents they have. Handcap hangtag in the back? Why would that be in low mile car in a garage? I dunno seems odd. Anyone heard from him? "missing little phoenix on passager interior door" :eek: Never knew there was one there!

I haven't seen a flash powder camera flash used for quite a while. Sounds like the person who put the miles on the car smoked them down to the butts.

src76ta said:
I haven't seen a flash powder camera flash used for quite a while. Sounds like the person who put the miles on the car smoked them down to the butts.

Didn't think of that. Maybe that's why the pictures are a bit weak.

Still waiting to hear from the seller.

JDSfastGN said:
something seems fishy about this auction for sure

You aren't kidding. I can smell it all the way to Florida :eek: . I have a minimal bid on it, trying to show the owner I was serious, but I guess it doesn't matter.

I'd like to see more pics before I would buy that !! I "think" there is some "paint work" done :eek:

If you buy this, I would definitely go look at it before handing over any money. Most sellers will not hold you to $x by so many hours/days after the auction close if you prove you have travels plans to come pick up the car in person. Most real sellers are well aware of the scams on ebay. There could be many reasons why the seller has not responded.
I bought my TTA on ebay with 5k miles, the seller never responded to any questions, it was a NR auction and hardly anyone bid on it probably because the seller never responded... Anyway, after auction ended, I made contact with seller via phone, told him I had booked a flight to come get the car the following weekend, sent him faxes of the ticket receipts to prove it.

Once I got there in person, I asked why he never responded to any emails... He had put it on ebay then began moving his office and disconnected all of his equipment to move not even thinking about the car on ebay..he was a Monster Miata dealer so he had cars everywhere and he just wasn't focused on the TTA so he easily forgot about it, and the fact the car was in storage.
Anyway, I drove the car home 1200 miles that weekend :)

I can see where someone wouldn't answer emails in a situation like that but if you can just forget about the car being on ebay than you could just as easily forget that your TTA needs an oil change or something. I mean if you list it on ebay and provide like a 2 second description with very little details you're gunna need to answer questions.

I'm still hoping to go look at it if he responds before Saturday. If anyone gets a response with any contact information please let me know.

Rob, you could be right, or the seller just couln't give a crap.

There was a 20,000 mile TTA in Chicago about on Ebay about 10 days ago, guy didn't respond to individual e-mails, but did post up on the auction many of the answers that people asked. The bad thing about that auction, reserve was met and with one day left the guy sold it locally and closed down the auction. I was ready to pounce on it, then all of a sudden, not there anymore. I e-mailed seller and he confirmed he sold locally with another Trans Am he owned.

72firebird said:
I'm still hoping to go look at it if he responds before Saturday. If anyone gets a response with any contact information please let me know.

I e-mailed the seller to see if they are availble on Saturday to have the car looked at in-person. If I get a response, I'll let you know. Rich

While I am here, what is the stock tire size on the TTA? What size are most of you guys running?

Hi Phillyturbosix!
As for the bird on the interior, he probably means the small 1/2 inch by 1 and 1/2 inch plastic peice that covers the bolt that holds in the plastic door handle cover on the door panel. It has a Bird embossed on it.

Hope this helps,

George :cool:

Good eye George! I was looking at that steering wheel picture and it looks like the badge on the map pocket is missing too! :eek: