TTA/GN engine experts inside please

MrMNTTA

Looking for 11.0's
Thanks guys in advance for any help/direction you might be able to help me with.

I'm within a week of sealing a deal on a TTA, and I want to know what's a "safe" horsepower level to achieve on the stock block and transmission.

What are the common upgrades that wouldn't hurt an unmolested car?

In other words, how fast can I go in street trim, and not hurt the value of the car?

I'm open to many ideas. I.E. - changing turbo, injectors, etc, etc.

Thanks again :D

Well, I would give you a link to my TTA build up on TTA89.com but it seems to be down for some reason. I went 11.74@117 with the stock turbo, downpipe, intercooler, trans/converter, fuel pump, exhaust. 1.62 60 ft. time. Had a set of 009s, fpr, adj actuator, servo in the trans, K&N cone filter, Reds chip, removed cat and added a dump pipe and et streets on the 16inch wheels. Car has 30k and didnt want to make any more changes than that. Could put the car back to 100% stock in a couple hours.

Well, I would give you a link to my TTA build up on TTA89.com but it seems to be down for some reason. I went 11.74@117 with the stock turbo, downpipe, intercooler, trans/converter, fuel pump, exhaust. 1.62 60 ft. time. Had a set of 009s, fpr, adj actuator, servo in the trans, K&N cone filter, Reds chip, removed cat and added a dump pipe and et streets on the 16inch wheels. Car has 30k and didnt want to make any more changes than that. Could put the car back to 100% stock in a couple hours.

That's what I'm talkin about! :D

I don't know anything .. I was lookin to see who the experts were :biggrin: keep it simple and stupid ... they fly stock with minor mods :cool:

if you beat on it alot or go to the track plan on having the tranny built.i had a 68,000 mile we4 that was stock i got it going 11.88 at113 within a month of ownership within the following month the tranny started to slip.i have a bunch of other broken cars with the 200 r4 i have had 5 of them break of course all stock trannys.but follow they basics and these cars fly. do the fuel pump or you will blow it up ! i know i found out with my tta should of put the pump in:(

if you beat on it alot or go to the track plan on having the tranny built.i had a 68,000 mile we4 that was stock i got it going 11.88 at113 within a month of ownership within the following month the tranny started to slip.i have a bunch of other broken cars with the 200 r4 i have had 5 of them break of course all stock trannys.but follow they basics and these cars fly. do the fuel pump or you will blow it up ! i know i found out with my tta should of put the pump in:(

Upgraded fuel pump.....--->check!<---- Walbro style?

Takes about the same amount of time. :biggrin:

My stock pump lasted a few trips to the track running low 12s. Then it took a dump. My car would barely get to 60MPH at WOT before leaning out.

Hopefully you have access to a lift.

Takes about the same amount of time. :biggrin:

My stock pump lasted a few trips to the track running low 12s. Then it took a dump. My car would barely get to 60MPH at WOT before leaning out.

Hopefully you have access to a lift.

I most certainly do :D My buddy's Dad has a trucking business and an auto repair business...........a case of beer, and I have the entire place at my disposal

I most certainly do :D My buddy's Dad has a trucking business and an auto repair business...........a case of beer, and I have the entire place at my disposal

Cool It took me and my buddy about 4hours to do it on the lift. It was out first time and we messed around. But getting the tank out was the hardest part. The rest was pretty easy.

hmmmm..simple to me
50# inj and a new fuel pump and a set of valve springs ... ..just because the stockers are old
shift kit in the trans
K&N
Turbotweak Chip
Julio's alky
scanmaster

that should run 11s easy in street trim ..then leave the damm car alone :eek: :p

hmmmm..simple to me
50# inj and a new fuel pump and a set of valve springs ... ..just because the stockers are old
shift kit in the trans
K&N
Turbotweak Chip
Julio's alky
scanmaster

that should run 11s easy in street trim ..then leave the damm car alone :eek: :p

I like the sounds of your recipe!

how about reds xp pump isn't it a hopped walbro 340? if you are gonna do this might as well spend the extra $20 right ?

Valves springs are a great call! I never put them in my car and looking back wish now I would have, probably was another tenth or two in it yet. This was in '98. (still have the car) I have put them in many of my buicks since and have seen the effects new ones will do. I also tested the pump under WOT with the guage on the windshield before I started to move forward with the mods and it was healthy for a stocker...the car was tapped out for fuel at 11.7 and the regulator was bottomed out.:D