newbie with lots of questions

AUtovaultNJ

Hi Guys I'm a long time lover of these GN and never been able to pull the trigger , I have been looking for the last few months and every time I seem to find one there seems to be a story behind it , I live in New Jersey so trying to find something close . I came across a 87 GN with not much paperwork but a window sticker copy and a Carfax that says it has a mileage discrepancy
The car look like it has 6000 miles above and underneath but mileage says it exceeded mechanical limits . I spoke with owner and he thinks somewhere in the mid 90"s someone got it wrong an demised up with DMV in How much does that hurt the value ? Apparently the car has a Kenny Duttweiler engine and has a Art Carr Transmission is there any way of getting this information confirmed ? The car is what I have been looking for but is at the top of my budget and then some so figured I would ask some gear heads that know more than me . As you can see the mileage doesn't make sense in one day it went from 1201 miles to 53241 and less than 5 months later 101,859
Thanks for the help
Image 12-28-22 at 8.56 PM.jpg

honestly condition matter more then odometer to me .. if its got a KD Motor and Art car trans both will have identifiable numbers that you can get and verify with them

This mileage issue hurts the value a great deal. Is he representing and pricing the car as a 50K vehicle? ..and asking $50k? Even if he can produce documentation showing an accurate mileage trail this issue will haunt the car forever. If he is selling at a price reflecting 120k...then the purchase endeavor could maybe proceed. RPO sticker has to be know and accurate. Either way , the damage is done. Its the next worse thing to having a branded title,,like "flood car" or "reconstructed" I would pass unless way cheap.

I did a Carfax original and the dates and miles had lots of gaps the Autocheck was more detailed and was easier to follow along with the mileage issue from state to state . I recommend Auto check over Carfax 100% as for the this car he is asking 50K the car doesn't look like a 100K mile car by no means the undercarriage is spot less and that is coming from a guy that just spent $1500.00 to Dryice the under carriage of a 1988 Conquest TSI lol , if the car wasn't so nice It would be so much easier to walk away I think I will try reaching out to KD motors to see what info they might have. Thanks for the help and advice

I did a Carfax original and the dates and miles had lots of gaps the Autocheck was more detailed and was easier to follow along with the mileage issue from state to state . I recommend Auto check over Carfax 100% as for the this car he is asking 50K the car doesn't look like a 100K mile car by no means the undercarriage is spot less and that is coming from a guy that just spent $1500.00 to Dryice the under carriage of a 1988 Conquest TSI lol , if the car wasn't so nice It would be so much easier to walk away I think I will try reaching out to KD motors to see what info they might have. Thanks for the help and advice
Heres why I disagree. Mileage value as in, Low documented mileage is for originality. This car is advertises as having both and aftermarket motor and transmission.. so originality is irrelevant at that point. If you're buying for long term original value then pass. If your buying for value then a Dutwiller motor used to be worth quite a bit. not sure these days though..