TTA fuel return line

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Just got this downpipe and turbo for it. DW300 pump, 80 lb injectors. Fresh 911 converter. Just need the time to put everything in it.

Lol, it was yours at one point Brian! :)

I had no idea David Timmons sold #340. So how long have you had it? He NEVER got the boost up on that car, it was like 9 psi

Put some 26x 10.5 et streets on it and it'll ride nice and soft

Let me know if I can help in any way
573-286-1699 text me

Thanks, it looked like you had done some nice tasteful mods to it years ago. The white guages are really cool everyone really likes them so they are staying on it. At some point another owner did some not so nice things to it. I pulled out 20lbs of dead 4 guage stereo wire and am throwing away the homemade downpipe it has on it. David is a great guy and took care of the car. He meant well for sure. He had the motor rebuilt I believe by Yancys. When I nailed it, it wouldn't go past 9-10 psi. It has a nasty vibration starting at 2k rpm. I just haven't had the time to change everything out. Motor mounts, transmission mount, converter and flexplate should fix the vibration. If it doesn't, I'm pulling the motor and startling from scratch. Will do a full interior redo next year. Very clean car. Just needs some lovin. Thanks Brian, feel free to come out and see the car sometime.

Yes yance built the engine. What ever the miles are on that motor, I bet it's zero detonation.
I believe that te44 ball bearing? Turbo was fed a lot of oil, and he never wanted it running perfect

I believe it has a roller cam, good pistons and possibly 2 billet main caps. Can't believe he sold it...

The vibration caused by the poly motor mounts? I forget what all he did..... It was $$$$$.$$

Yah Brian I think it could be poly motor mounts or perhaps it has a poly trans mount. I haven't spent much time under the car. It does has a nice 212/212 roller cam. Unfortunately, it has hyper pistons so the motor will need to come out at some point and be honed for some forged units.

Thanks, it looked like you had done some nice tasteful mods to it years ago. The white guages are really cool everyone really likes them so they are staying on it. At some point another owner did some not so nice things to it. I pulled out 20lbs of dead 4 guage stereo wire and am throwing away the homemade downpipe it has on it. David is a great guy and took care of the car. He meant well for sure. He had the motor rebuilt I believe by Yancys. When I nailed it, it wouldn't go past 9-10 psi. It has a nasty vibration starting at 2k rpm. I just haven't had the time to change everything out. Motor mounts, transmission mount, converter and flexplate should fix the vibration. If it doesn't, I'm pulling the motor and startling from scratch. Will do a full interior redo next year. Very clean car. Just needs some lovin. Thanks Brian, feel free to come out and see the car sometime.
When I installed my Spohn torque arm with the new trans cross member the vibration was so bad I was going to switch back to just a stock replacement. I tried putting thick pieces of rubber in between the cross member, and the chassis, and it fixed the problem. Almost as smooth as stock

Yep, I've got the build sheet. Not sure about the bottem end, I don't see anything on the build sheet that would imply billet caps but hopefully I'm wrong. I will make this car right but it's gonna take some time.

Down pipe came form Nick Micale. I believe he has 10 made. It was 1000$. Very nice looking piece. Just don't have time to put it in!

I built a 3.5" stainless oval down pipe many years ago for a TTA. Unless you are Jay Leno, I won't build another one. Do a search and see how it came out. Lost my ass on that one pipe. $1800 in material, and eleventeen hundred hours making it work. Was for a close friend and I told him I could make it fit. Literally over 40 hours of cussing, grinding, hacking, cussing, tweaking, cussing, cutting, cussing, and a bit more cussing thrown in for measure.

Of course I do! You were the one who told me about them. Thanks again for telling me that someone had them made and in stock. I just need time to put all this stuff in. Lol

Well I tried in vain to fix the smoking issue the car has but it looks like the motor is gonna need to come out. New intake gasket and new turbo did not fix it. I think the rings are the issue. Gives me an excuse to put in forged pistons in at least. Here are some pics of the car with the new turbo, Nick Micale downpipe (which fits great) and new 3.5 maf pipe. We bead blasted the polished look off. Also a pic with the new Racemasters! Thanks to WHTTRSH for the info on tires. They do not rub at all just as you said.

Last edited:
Well I tried in vain to fix the smoking issue the car has but it looks like the motor is gonna need to come out.
What turbo is on it? Still that 44?

He also hooked up some pcv catch can bs that put pressure on the crankcase , that catch never caught oil I know cause he took it to firestone. Text me at 573-286-1699

That's actually a decent motor

Pull the turbo and stuff the feed line into the return line. Start it up. I have no idea what you did to try and fix it, but i would remove the turbo and isolate the turbo from the engine. If the oil smoke goes away, its the turbo.... He had issues with that turbo from day one. It has a restrictor in it, it smoke like hell when he first fired it up with that turbo, just saying he had to install a restrictor because the turbo was being flooded with oil
well i was going to send it in a text. I have some 10K TTA rods and pistons, brand new never used TTA heads, and a few cranks if you ever need anything. Im selling right now, gotta pay some bills. Keep my number handy if you need anything Luke
Im in independence FYI