TTA delco cd player

If I new it would work I would buy it, but thats a lot of money to spend if it dosent work. Thanks in advanced if anyone knows if it will work.

Gary

I've done some research on this in the past. 89 was the first year for Pontiac to put CD's in their cars. But none of the CD players would work with the factory steering wheel controls. As far as I found no GM CD player of any year will work with the steering wheel controls. And the newer Pontiac's with CD players and steering wheel controls is a totally different system and also won't work in the TTA's.

This might be an option as well.. Crutchfield makes an adapter to merge the steering wheel controls, with any aftermarket stereo...ie:Alpine, Pioneer, JVC, Sony, etc., but it has to be a stereo with an infra red control, then you have to mount the IR transmitter somewhere.

PAC SWI-X Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface at Crutchfield.com

I just used one from a 90's firebird (non Monsoon) looks pretty stock, just no steering wheel controls.

search for older threads on this topic... there is supposably one modle cd player that will work with the steering wheel controls. i really need to dig up my notes on it...

anyone know who the buyer is for this one? ;)

Thats not the one. The CD player you want would have a gray connector with two prongs in it. Not black.
Steve K.