TTA # 1080 Killed

Turbo1080

Last week I was in an accident with a semi-truck, he decided he wanted to cut me off and cross the highway I was traveling on....the hit was about 65-70 mph...officers cited him for failure to yeild right of way. Un fortunately the car is a total loss. Hey at least Im alive !!! Plan on buying back from INS...for drivetrain,

Attachments

• TTA PICS 001 rs.jpg
    TTA PICS 001 rs.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 610
  • TTA PICS 003 rs.jpg
    TTA PICS 003 rs.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 527
  • TTA PICS 006 rs.jpg
    TTA PICS 006 rs.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 536
Damn!!!! Good thing you're alright. Any major injuries or anything? What do you plan on doing with everything? Do you plan on getting another one?

Rip Tta

Jesus, glad you are alive!!!

Do you have more pics, maybe some high res?
Thx.

72firebird said:
Damn!!!! Good thing you're alright. Any major injuries or anything? What do you plan on doing with everything? Do you plan on getting another one?

yes I plan on gettin another, what sucks is i just got the alky kit tuned in and the PT62 turbo and 65 motons with chip came in yesterday finally...that was going to be my weekend project my car went low 11's and was trying to get in the 10's....so now i get to start all over again...i have a broken sternum and my mid back is out of shape abit... AAA is my ins carrier so hopefullt they wont try to screw me on the value of my car...we'll see ill keep ya posted...anyone know of some TTA's for sale send them my way.

Glad your not seriously hurt, man that has to suck loosing your car in just a flash!
I wouldnt leave it in the tow lot, id have it towed back home and put into the garage till the insurance company finalizes the deal. Or at least get inside somewhere safe.

Best of luck to you..

BW

Back injuries suck... been there, done that... Sternum - the chest bone? Ouch!

Shoot, I bet you could get the buy-back cost returned just by parting it out... I have a few items I'm wanting - how scratched up is the nose badge?

Damn. That hurts to look at. What's the story with the t-tops? Did they break or were they already out? You might want to make sure that gets covered. My GN was stolen by way of a broken T-top and the tow yard really doesn't care if it gets rained in.

I was looking at a 15k mile TTA on the lift at a local shop tonight. I can honestly say I've never examined one up close before and I am now very envious of those that own them. Very nice. Good luck with your future TTA.

Jim

Tta

I am glad you are OK. Sorry about your car. I hope you are able to find another car that will be every thing you want. Take the advice and get it out of the tow lot ASAP. They do not care about it and things will start disappearing. Good luck!
Jeasen

Man that sucks! :eek: Get the heating pad and ice ready! Hopefully you make out with your insurance company with the car. Seems to be a good amount of TTA's always popping up for sale hopefully you'll find another.

Thank God your still alive.

God Speed on your recovery :smile:

Razor said:
Thank God your still alive.

God Speed on your recovery :smile:
The only thing that counts! Not much blood supply in the sternum....Will be forever healing, be patient.

As much as the loss of the car hurts as least you can wake up tomorrow and look around you to the people you love one more time... Glad your OK hope you have a speedy recovery and yes get the car out of the lot asap. Dont know where you live but if you need some help moving it or anything else Please let us know. God Bless

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Glad your not seriously hurt, man that has to suck loosing your car in just a flash!
I wouldnt leave it in the tow lot, id have it towed back home and put into the garage till the insurance company finalizes the deal. Or at least get inside somewhere safe.

Best of luck to you..

BW

I havnt worried about getting out of the lot. Its in the neveda highway patrol impound lot and under camera survialence...hell you cant go back there unless you have an officer with you its like prison for cars...the t-tops were pulled out when they got me out of the car, they stayed in even after the hit....but it has since been covered up...it should finalized here in a few days...if i get it back i mainly want the motor...the tranny has about 500 miles on it since rebuilt by Lenn Freeman...i may have him check it out and list it on here later..im sure ill have a parts list for sale....
Thanks for all the support !!!

Holy $hit! Glad you're okay for the most part!!

What happened?? Did it just drift over to your lane and over the front of the car???

chicagoTTA said:
Holy $hit! Glad you're okay for the most part!!

What happened?? Did it just drift over to your lane and over the front of the car???

no, i was going east bound and he was stopped going north bound then proceeded to try and cross two lanes in my direction, so i changed lanes and hit the brakes, by then it was to late he was already in the inside lane so i hit him betweent the front tire and the fuel tank.....he must of been blind not to see me i even had my fog lights on and it was about 4 in the evening. hell it could have been worse