TT7 damage reports!

JP87GN

I had to take one for the team this year ,Here's a pic of me loaded up at the end of the track after breakage! Still not sure whats wrong,lost compression and we believe it to be a slip in the timing chain. I will let everyone know as soon as I tear into it.
Towpics032.jpg

The spirit of Buick Death visited me yesterday, too :eek:

All seemed to be fine Saturday- got home, and this moning, took the car out on a few errands. I was passing a car when I has a huge backfire, then the car stumbled and sputtered. The IC hose gong into the TB has blown off, the backfire was severe enough that the hose clamp put a simple in the hood!!

1/2 mile from home, I heard a deep knock coming from under the hood. I get the car home, and found the vac line going to the TB (by the PCV hose) was off.

I think I did the damage on my last run. The autopsy is later this week.....

Finally got around to tearing town the GN and as suspected the plastic timing gears where split in a few places and missing a few teeth. I also found my Harmonic balancer to be cracked so I need to find one of those, if anyone has one to sell let me know! I need to order some parts and I hope to have it back together and tuned for Bremertons BOP.

Thanks. The cranks looks/feels barely scored, so I'm hoping that a polish will do the trick; I'll be pulling it this week, and getting the machining done.

It's a good excuse to put the roller cam in :D

Since I'm thinking about it- I have an OEM timing set I just put in 3 weeks before TT- I'm going roller with the new cam. Interested?