TT chip on no VSS setup

1980monteturbo

Turbowtie
I p/u a used tt chip made for my combo, however, I believe the chip was burned for setup with funcioning vss. My setup does not have functioning vss (code 24) - 1980 guages and broken speedo cable again, thats a nother story:mad:
I'm more worried about running it at the track under wide open conditions than tcc issues for now.
I did go out last night , drove around easy with the occasional hammer down to verify boost and let the chip learn. As far as I can tell engine runs ok at startup and cruise speeds.
Should I continue operating the car? Any other issues I should be aware of.
Thx
Steve

I had a chance to read up that 1st gear fuel enrichment is affected, also independant timing in low & hi gear, and tc lock up. Should I put the orig street chip back in or am I asking for trouble leaving TT chip in and running at track? If ( correct me pls ) the chip thinks Im in 1st gear all the time, should I compromise timing to work for all gears. I could just order a new chip but Im going to the track Monday and very likely wont go again untill the fall. New parts not in budget untill end of Aug.
thx. S.

If you have no VSS, it may confuse the launch knock ignore feature. In other words, it may ignore knock when you don't want it to. I would not use it like that.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks Eric

I have scanmaster 2.1 and Caspers Knock guage. Always monitor like those parameters like a hawk and let off if yellow .Also, Still have approx 3-4 gallons of 110 that I was going to dump in. I did download the .pdf on the v5.6 last night.

Still bad idea? I will pull it out if you recommend so. Appreciate your input.

thx
Steve.

The Caspers knock gauge reads knock before it gets to the ECM, so you can use that monitor knock. The scanmaster won't display anything if the ECM is ignoring knock.

You should be ok as long as you pay attention to the Caspers knock gauge.

The Caspers knock gauge reads knock before it gets to the ECM, so you can use that monitor knock. The scanmaster won't display anything if the ECM is ignoring knock.

You should be ok as long as you pay attention to the Caspers knock gauge.
:)
Thanks for quick response.

While your there, any timing/fuel adjustments to the 1/2 that is a happy median for 3rd gear too? Or anything else I should do?

thx

S.

I don't know how your chip is set up, but if you have 110 octane in there, you could probably leave it where it is and tune from there.

94 oct.
Thanks for info.
I will be in touch with you at end of Aug for correct chip to match my combo.

regards
Steve