TSO rules for 2011

I am just trying to bring some life back to a dead class/community. 109 block, 70 turbo 2800 lbs. Are you guys afraid of a 8.20 car?

I am just trying to bring some life back to a dead class/community. 109 block, 70 turbo 2800 lbs. Are you guys afraid of a 8.20 car?

You'll have to be quicker than that to be competative in our class.:biggrin:

Try the TSM thread, you might fit there. :rolleyes:

Have you ever run your car at the track ???. What seems fast on the street is like running in glue at the track.:(

You'll have to be quicker than that to be competative in our class.:biggrin:

Try the TSM thread, you might fit there. :rolleyes:

Have you ever run your car at the track ???. What seems fast on the street is like running in glue at the track.:(

Yes I have been to the track. Are you afraid of a 8.20 car? What does your car run?

I cal BS on 8sec109. I am willing to pay your way to the first TSO race of the season if you show up with a 109 Buick w/70mm turbo and run 8.50's let alone 8.20's. Since I am putting on the event I will also get you free entrance into the track. This is the same offer that was made to another loser who was t-t-t-to chicken sh!t to show. Going on a Buick board and calling this a "dead community" isn't going to win you any friends. There, we have made concessions for you to race, now go away and let the grownups talk.

8 sec 109 have you got your car down to 2800 pounds? I am not sure that is doable, if you did please share your weight reduction tips.

ok I just spent an hour reading this thread and besides the 109 block running 8.20s it was informative.. As an Event organizer I would throw in my 2 cents...As there are only a handful of Buick based events run each year it would be great if the rules also allowed these TSO cars to run in other race series or classes this would able them to compete and win $$$ at other events. My memory is fuzzy but I think it has been years since a full 8 car field has been at BPG or any other event As an Event organizer I have no problem coming up with $$ for payouts. But it is the money thru the gate that makes these payouts possible, if only 4 TSO cars show up it does not pay for the BPG to have a big payout. So if more cars can compete the larger the payout for the Racers and the better show for the spectators...The other issue and I know Chris has worked hard on this in the past is finding sponsors for this class..If Cal takes over I am sure that he can contact various vendors he deals with to come up with some extra $$$ even if it was extra $100 contingency bonus for running vendors product on top of the event payout. As the BPG does not purchase from the major vendors it is hard to come up with extra cash from vendors or MFG. Sorry for the long post but this should apply to all the V6 classes...The better the payouts the more interest is generated...just mt 2 cents

I cal BS on 8sec109. I am willing to pay your way to the first TSO race of the season if you show up with a 109 Buick w/70mm turbo and run 8.50's let alone 8.20's. Since I am putting on the event I will also get you free entrance into the track. This is the same offer that was made to another loser who was t-t-t-to chicken sh!t to show. Going on a Buick board and calling this a "dead community" isn't going to win you any friends. There, we have made concessions for you to race, now go away and let the grownups talk.

thanx cal.. TO MR 8SEC109 STOP DISRESPECTING THE CUZ THE JASON WHITE THESE GUYS BEEN WORK THERE ASS OUT TO GET THESE 109 BLOCK WERE THERE AT .. THIS THREAD IS FOR TSO RACER! SO OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD WITH YOUR BS 8SEC109 BS!!!:mad: sorry Buick Brother's for my reply .. so let talk RACING!!;)

Cal

Make sure Jim Carswell is not at the track. :rolleyes:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

8sec109 I know you are one of a few people... Don't post in this thread again or will be forced to remove your comments and membership...

We don't like trolls...

I hesitate to vote because I don't know the future plans of the G-Body car. I assume it'll be run again in TSO but I don't know if I will be piloting it. Either way I'm sure I would have Brian's consent to cast a vote for the car. With that said:

A (3200, 3000 is better, just follow the 275 rules. If you enforce the safety rules no one is going to get down that low and still be 25.5 so just stop arguing about it and just let it in.)
A (no penalties for liquid)
A (no penalty for 275, they hold the records anyway so I think it’s silly)
B (allow any 88 cause there is always going to be innovation and you'll forever have this same discussion and rule changes)

I hesitate to vote because I don't know the future plans of the G-Body car. I assume it'll be run again in TSO but I don't know if I will be piloting it. Either way I'm sure I would have Brian's consent to cast a vote for the car. With that said:

A (3200, 3000 is better, just follow the 275 rules. If you enforce the safety rules no one is going to get down that low and still be 25.5 so just stop arguing about it and just let it in.)
A (no penalties for liquid)
A (no penalty for 275, they hold the records anyway so I think it’s silly)
B (allow any 88 cause there is always going to be innovation and you'll forever have this same discussion and rule changes)

Art, your 3rd answer implied a "penalty" for 275, the weights listed were "weight breaks" not penalties. I just wanted to be clear since that may effect your vote. You did suprise me with your 2nd vote. Thanks for your input

Art, your 3rd answer implied a "penalty" for 275, the weights listed were "weight breaks" not penalties. I just wanted to be clear since that may effect your vote. You did suprise me with your 2nd vote. Thanks for your input

I don't think there should be a penalty or weight brake for 275. I think the 275 debate is the same as the stage head debate. People want to give the 275 a weight break, which is basically penalizing a 10.5 slick when the 275 holds the records. I think Tony and Dave have been running a radial for years now and all their records have been set using them. Cruz I believe ran a 275 and his numbers speak for itself. I just don't see a properly set up radial car having any disadvantage over a slick so I don't think they need a break. Just like the stage head, the radial is softer to 330 but makes it up on the big end.

For the liquids, I think we should mirror the 275 rules. I'm not that familiar with the 275 rules as I don't compete in that class but I don't "think" they penalize liquids. If they do then maybe we should mirror their rules. My vote would be to mirror the 275 rules whatever they are.

My sincere feeling is that since the 275 class seems to be the only other class a TSO car has a chance in that we mirror their rules as closely as possible so no changes need to be made when switching events. Having different weights is a pain cause at the level these cars compete at with a radial, needing to add 100# here and there could really disrupt a setup when needing to switch events. That's also twice the test and tune to get it right for both classes. I think keep it simple and in-line with other sanctioning bodies and let the guy’s race.

I would like to state that my vote on -#50 for 275 radial was a effort to get weight reduced in the class. If #3300 base weight wins I would rather see ones ability to get to #3250 although for the record I am against a credit for 275 radial, the tire can run 4.90's so what's the basis for a credit??? :confused: I have to vote on what I am given to vote on and it's lesser of the two evils.

Just make the base weight #3250 and stop trying to twist things to get to it. Some guys are showing with 275's and the FASTEST (MPH and ET) TSO cars did it on Radials WHY WOULD THERE BE A CREDIT FOR RUNNING THEM???? :confused:

I have debated this in my mind since this was brought up and here is my 2 cents worth.

a

b

a

c

The way I see it is if the x275 guys put 100 lbs on the pro mod 88 then we should too. I know x275 is a factor in all of this but this is still buick racing and the weights have to be close to what the average TSO racer can achieve. If all you have to do is add weight to race TSO then whats the big deal? When I had to add 100 lbs because of the stage head BS I didnt bitch.

Also, with all the talk about x275 and how that class is going to end up changing TSO. There should be quite a few guys running that class, if not then changing the rules was for nothing.

Dave Fiscus

The way i see it all the cars fit the rules right now we can change weight and such no big deal . The liquids would add power and weight you can prolly gain 100 hp on some cars why not make a penalty . The 275 weight break dont make sense to me maxium tire size n lets race . The reason i voted as i did its to be against anyone that wants these things to run more classes the i see it ppl have bought parts and built there cars if they wanna run more than one class add a weight penalty u can still race . Tsm was the best class in buick racing most car count now look at it the ppl with the deepest pockets always end up on top some ppl will buy whatever it takes to go fast the rules just make fair for those that cant afford to change every year .

lets not forget the ole man with the slo buick
his name is bobby don and he has one bad ass tso in the works!
see you guys at reynolds:)