TSM at BPG

I'll be on sunday only due to my big truck got hit again and had two weeks of down time to get it fixed:mad:.
By the way it's OK NOT to have insurance or a driver's licenes in Columbus, Ohio cause the cops won't do anything to ya.

I'm in. Went for a little drive today to check everything out. Nothing like having low nine second street car.

Attachments

• getting ready.jpg
    getting ready.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 865
Saturday 10:30 AM it is scheduled for the TSM cars to go to the scales for Peer Tech and courtesy weigh in. The experienced TSM racers can answer questions from anyone that has some. A TSM legal car with aluminum heads must weigh #3,550 with the dirver in the car. There is #150 weight break for iron headed engines.

As each pair of cars go down the track they are to go to the scales for official weight check. If anyone is below the class weight, that pass does NOT count for qualifying. Unless someone can find a person willing to watch the scaled weights, then the two racers need to view each other's weights (unfortunately, neither myself, Phil McGloin or Steve Sullivan will be there for sure to administer Saturday's two round of qualifying).

Phil has announced that he will be there on Sunday. There will also be a second round of Peer Tech Sunday morning for cars that were not peer teched on Saturday. This will be held in the STAGING LANES at 9:30 but it is up to the "late" drivers to get themselves+cars weighed prior to that first round of Sunday qualifying to ensure that they will make weight after each qualifying pass (which are scheduled for 10 and 11 AM). Drivers are not required to make a pass during all four rounds of qualifying, but once you have, your car is 'officially' entered into TSM (subject to any allowances made by the BPG race director).

If you have any questions, anyone that has raced TSM in the past has the knowledge to answer any questions.

Saturday 10:30 AM it is scheduled for the TSM cars to go to the scales for Peer Tech and courtesy weigh in. The experienced TSM racers can answer questions from anyone that has some. A TSM legal car with aluminum heads must weigh #3,550 with the dirver in the car. There is #150 weight break for iron headed engines.

As each pair of cars go down the track they are to go to the scales for official weight check. If anyone is below the class weight, that pass does NOT count for qualifying. Unless someone can find a person willing to watch the scaled weights, then the two racers need to view each other's weights (unfortunately, neither myself, Phil McGloin or Steve Sullivan will be there for sure to administer Saturday's two round of qualifying).

Phil has announced that he will be there on Sunday. There will also be a second round of Peer Tech Sunday morning for cars that were not peer teched on Saturday. This will be held in the STAGING LANES at 9:30 but it is up to the "late" drivers to get themselves+cars weighed prior to that first round of Sunday qualifying to ensure that they will make weight after each qualifying pass (which are scheduled for 10 and 11 AM). Drivers are not required to make a pass during all four rounds of qualifying, but once you have, your car is 'officially' entered into TSM (subject to any allowances made by the BPG race director).

If you have any questions, anyone that has raced TSM in the past has the knowledge to answer any questions.

Scott,

According to the schedule that was posted on the BPG website (and last years schedule for that matter), there is qualifying on Friday.

2010 schedule
FRIDAY JULY 30, 2010

10 am - Gates and NHRA tech open
10:30 - Turbo Heads Up classes meet at the scale
11 am - 5 pm - Open Test and Tune for ALL makes/models
3 pm - First call for the Gamblers Race (80-20 payback) $20 entrance fee
5 pm - 5:30 pm - Track closed for preparations
5-30 pm - First qualifying session for Q16 and Turbo Heads Up classes
6:30 pm - 10 pm Open Test and Tune for ALL makes/models
8 pm - Second qualifying session for Q16 and Turbo Heads Up classes
10 pm - Track closed -- Time to hang out and socialize!

Are you saying there won't be TSM qualifying on Friday now? I hope that's not the case as I cannot make it Saturday.

Scott, we are planning on running TSO qualifying session Friday. I'm not sure if you can get another racer in TSM to tech your car and run on Friday night or not, but I personally don't see a good reason why not. My thoughts are if the BPG is paying us racers then we should put a show on for them, it would be disrespectful not to run our cars per their schedule.

I hate to ask this, but will the turbo plug and rings be at the event or is it an "outlaw" race?

Scott,

According to the schedule that was posted on the BPG website (and last years schedule for that matter), there is qualifying on Friday.

2010 schedule
FRIDAY JULY 30, 2010

10 am - Gates and NHRA tech open
10:30 - Turbo Heads Up classes meet at the scale
11 am - 5 pm - Open Test and Tune for ALL makes/models
3 pm - First call for the Gamblers Race (80-20 payback) $20 entrance fee
5-30 pm - First qualifying session for Q16 and Turbo Heads Up classes
6:30 pm - 10 pm Open Test and Tune for ALL makes/models
8 pm - Second qualifying session for Q16 and Turbo Heads Up classes

Are you saying there won't be TSM qualifying on Friday now? I hope that's not the case as I cannot make it Saturday.

Sorry, I missed that. I'm on vacation and was in a hurry to go water skiing. As long as you get someone to verify the weight and that the car meets peer tech, you're good. Gotta go on a beer run with the in-laws now...

This event needed a non partial RRA that was not involved with any Racer as other issues beside the car needed to be resolved