Try again - Renting Lebanon Valley Dragway on Oct 23

Chris Yates

Got rained out last Friday so we have a new rental - Oct 23. We have the track (www.dragway.com) from 10am until 4pm for side-by-side racing. It's easy to make 30+ passes! Cost is $68 for the entire day (spectators are free). It's a closed session so you have to pre-register. If interested, please drop me an email.

Thanks,

Chris Yates
Activities Director
SVTOA Boston/New England
96 Kobra

I'm in!!!

SalvageV6 convinced me to go. Hopefully I can use it to get the car tuned for the High Tech shootout the following Sat.

Ben,

Did you send me an email about racing? It's a private rental so you need to be on our list of names to race. Please drop me an email if you want to race.

Thanks

Chris Yates
96 Kobra

Ben.......I took the day off to go up and tape the action. I would race mine but it's useless without slicks as it's no fun running 12.30's at almost 113mph with no traction!!! I'll call you before the weekend........... Ken

Sounds good, Ken. I'll be at Joe's on Sat. installing line lock and other brake stuff.

You should race anyway. I was at the GM high tech shootout running 13.1s at almost 112 mph with my street tires. It's fun to race as long as you're making power, right?

Ben.........I'll stop over at Joe's on Saturday. What time you heading over?? Your right, it's fun to race but I can't help but think what I can run with SLICKS and more boost out of the hole. I'm happy with that MPH as that was at the Valley, and I NEVER had that kind of mph up there(1100' elevation). I think I got the alky tuned pretty good now. We'll see. I might run. Talk to ya Saturday...........................Ken :cool:

I'm in...sent ya an e-mail. Gotta test the new (to me ) 2001 lightning...

Sorry I missed ya, Ken. I've been out and about getting stuff for the Buick.

CT Guys, Who's up for a caravan on Wednesday? I've been there twice and still can't remembr hoe to get there. AL, Ken, Scott????

Scott, will the lightning fit in that nice trailer you have?? how is GN coming??
Steve

LOL Steve..I was wondering that myself. I think i'll measure it up tomorrow. That would be great if it did fit.

I think there is a caravan meeting up somewhere in CT. I'll ryto get the details.

I'm leaving early to avoid traffic and to set up at the track early and relax.

Be going by Manchester at 6:45 to 7am. :eek:

Ben..........NO prolblem. I know how that's like running around getting the car ready etc. Sorry we couldn't hook up Saturday. I'll explain later.:mad: As for the caravan, we can all meet in Enfield(Exit 49 off 91N) and head up from there. This way, because people are coming from all over CT and going right past that Exit anyway, it would be easy to meet up. Besides, there's all kind of places too eat if thats on your schedule also (fast food, Dennys, etc). Ben.......i'll try calling ya again today after 5:00.................Ken

Last call for Leb Valley. Email me asap if you want to attend. This is a closed session so if you aren't on our list you won't be racing.

Thanks,

Chris Yates
96 Kobra

Hey Chris just checked the list and we're all on it.

So is Jack Cotton. Finally get to meet him. :)

Wonder if he is bringing the Great Pumpkin? :eek:

Hope a spare ball bearing turbo falls off his truck... :D

Weather looks okay now too. Hopefully....

I had some work done at Cotton's today and he's not sure if he's going on Wed. I hope he does, but he's a busy guy.

About the caravan from CT. Name a time and place. I need to follow somebody. Al, I'm willing to go early with you. I can meet you somewhere if you don't feel like stopping by.

Originally posted by hot6-231
Ben..........NO prolblem. I know how that's like running around getting the car ready etc. Sorry we couldn't hook up Saturday. I'll explain later.:mad: As for the caravan, we can all meet in Enfield(Exit 49 off 91N) and head up from there. This way, because people are coming from all over CT and going right past that Exit anyway, it would be easy to meet up. Besides, there's all kind of places too eat if thats on your schedule also (fast food, Dennys, etc). Ben.......i'll try calling ya again today after 5:00.................Ken

Thats Exit 48.

Chris........I sent an email to the address on the web site for race day on the 23rd, as I want to race on Wed if there's an opening. I wasn't going to race, but what the **ll. Hopefully i'm not too late. Justin......Your right, it is exit 48. Let's all hope for some good weather as I heard the weather man say the friggin four letter word that begins with 'S'. Hopefully it will clear out early.

Ken B.

Al, bring a camera. Just got the line lock installed today. And you thought my burnouts were good last time at the track :)...........

I think we will get by with the weather. :)

Ken should be no problem if he gets the email, others are paying at the track.

Ben I can meet you anywhere on 91 if you go that way.

I will prolly stop at the convenience store in Suffield which is 3 miles or so from the exit. Pick up some sodas and GT100.

Want it well mixed with whats left of my 94 by the time we get there.

If you go 91 pick an exit after Hartford and I will meet you there.

Prolly be 6:45-7am. for me.