Trans. shop in Tampa Bay area?

FlaBoy

Just a good ole boy...
Guys,

I finally got some money scraped together to get the tranny in my 85 hotair rebuilt (its slipping/flaring pretty bad on the 1-2 shift), and now I'm just trying to figure out where. It for my daily driver, which is an 85 with some basic mods (pump, chip, injectors, etc.) but still very mild, so I assume its not going to need a full on race-spec heavy duty rebuild. I was thinking just a budget stock-type rebuild would be ok. Am I incorrect in this thinking?

Now to the main question... can anyone recommend a decent fair-priced shop in the area that can do a good rebuild on a 200r4? I live in St. Pete, so somewhere in pinellas would be ideal, but I dont mind driving to tampa or surrounding areas if it'll save me a few bucks or get me good work.

I'm tempted to just drop the trans off at some generic trans shop near my house and let them have at it, but I figured I'd ask the guys who know before dropping the bucks. Any help is appreciated, thx!

Give me a call have a great tranny guy in Port Charlotte!!!

he does Great work ,my car has gone low 10's (not cheap) but he can do a basic rebuild also!!!

941 416 7509

JD

P.S If you pull it,we can work out away to get it to him,his name is Mike DeMarco.

Guys,

I finally got some money scraped together to get the tranny in my 85 hotair rebuilt (its slipping/flaring pretty bad on the 1-2 shift), and now I'm just trying to figure out where. It for my daily driver, which is an 85 with some basic mods (pump, chip, injectors, etc.) but still very mild, so I assume its not going to need a full on race-spec heavy duty rebuild. I was thinking just a budget stock-type rebuild would be ok. Am I incorrect in this thinking?

Now to the main question... can anyone recommend a decent fair-priced shop in the area that can do a good rebuild on a 200r4? I live in St. Pete, so somewhere in pinellas would be ideal, but I dont mind driving to tampa or surrounding areas if it'll save me a few bucks or get me good work.

I'm tempted to just drop the trans off at some generic trans shop near my house and let them have at it, but I figured I'd ask the guys who know before dropping the bucks. Any help is appreciated, thx!

You don't need to drop it off at a generic shop ..... I own a transmission shop in tampa, fl ..... I can get you straight for a good price and it will have a good warranty.... 813-527-7654 my name is Keith

You don't need to drop it off at a generic shop ..... I own a transmission shop in tampa, fl ..... I can get you straight for a good price and it will have a good warranty.... 813-527-7654 my name is Keith

Where is your shop located?

Mike DiMarco is the man.

Glad to see someone else step up.. Keith when you get some units done.. post up results.. would be great to have another shop in the area.

These Buicks can be some quirky cars for transmission issues.. lord knows i've seen my fair share of shops and spent 1000's on them.

One thing for sure.. you get what you pay for.