trans plus ignition problems

crownvic96

i was having the same problems i've seen on here in a bunch of other threads with ignition problems. car would pop sputter or cut out randomly while driving the check engine light would come on( i think it was code 43, gnttype.org is down i can't remember).This started happening 6-7 months after installing the trans+. I removed the ignition splice( i bought the premade kit) and the car runs great now.

for anyone else who has had this problem was it just in the pre-fabbed wire splice or is it in the trans+ box itself that seems to have been causing the problem?

crownvic96 said:
i was having the same problems i've seen on here in a bunch of other threads with ignition problems. car would pop sputter or cut out randomly while driving the check engine light would come on( i think it was code 43, gnttype.org is down i can't remember).This started happening 6-7 months after installing the trans+. I removed the ignition splice( i bought the premade kit) and the car runs great now.

for anyone else who has had this problem was it just in the pre-fabbed wire splice or is it in the trans+ box itself that seems to have been causing the problem?

It's generally a wiring related problem, more specifically, quality of installs.

Translator Chip

crownvic96 said:

I did have a Translator chip go bad one time but it took several years to do so. Only had problems when ignition splice was connected through the Translator. Had extreme misfire and knock retard that disappeared when Translator ignition splice was bypassed. Check by Ramchargers confirmed that in their words, chip took a dump. Once replaced with upgraded chip, problems went away. This being said, Translator chip failures are extremely rare. As far as I can tell, I am the only one who ever had a Translator chip go bad. Maybe your the second. If you have another car to drive, best to just get your Translator tested.

Good luck,
Richard