Trans Issues

I Recently had Eric at TT put converter into wot lockup mode above 90 mph thinking that would only be applicable at the track. Took car out today, drove about 45 mins to my inlaws, 60mph backroads the entire way. One good blast to about 100 at the end of the ride, and the car has not shifted the same since. It now takes a LOT of rpm to get the car to shift gears, even if I pedal it some.

My questions are two fold: How many of you run a 3200 or so converter on the street...and do they last? A couple of racer buddies commented it was too much converter (hindsight being 20/20) Second, did I kill this thing with the WOT lockup? It's probably happened 3-5 times total.

Thanks in advance

EW

You may have lost the spring out of the governor. Drop the pan and take a look.

Yeah. This is most likely it. You can tap the governor weight for threads and loc-tite a small screw in place to prevent the spring from flying out. You may need to remove a gram or two from the weight after doing this as it will lower the WOT shift point a couple hundred rpm from the added weight of the screw.

EW,

What did you find? I think that I am facing the same problem. Where is this spring at in the trans?

Govenor spring..

I Recently had Eric at TT put converter into wot lockup mode above 90 mph thinking that would only be applicable at the track. Took car out today, drove about 45 mins to my inlaws, 60mph backroads the entire way. One good blast to about 100 at the end of the ride, and the car has not shifted the same since. It now takes a LOT of rpm to get the car to shift gears, even if I pedal it some.

My questions are two fold: How many of you run a 3200 or so converter on the street...and do they last? A couple of racer buddies commented it was too much converter (hindsight being 20/20) Second, did I kill this thing with the WOT lockup? It's probably happened 3-5 times total.

Thanks in advance

EW

Ck the pan for the spring. It comes out of the govenor if huge burn out is done or car is run up over 100 mph.
Easy fix, just time consuming and can be messy. If it is the spring, remove govenor and pin and reinstall. The way you will know is if the govenor has no springs on it when removed, The govenor is located at the back of the trans with 4 13 mm bolts that hold it in.
Hope this helps
Bruce
We4
ww.PTSXTREME.com

PS. If you need a new spring or yours got mangled, we have them in stock.

Ck the pan for the spring. It comes out of the govenor if huge burn out is done or car is run up over 100 mph.
Easy fix, just time consuming and can be messy. If it is the spring, remove govenor and pin and reinstall. The way you will know is if the govenor has no springs on it when removed, The govenor is located at the back of the trans with 4 13 mm bolts that hold it in.
Hope this helps
Bruce
We4
ww.PTSXTREME.com

PS. If you need a new spring or yours got mangled, we have them in stock.
How many springs are in the GN govenor? 1 right?