Trans ID

Turbosix6

PORSCHE KILLER
Ok, since no one can figure out what is wrong with my tranny, I'm ready to start with a different unit. Do I need a complete turbo tranny or just the valve body and any ol 200 tranny?

BTW, the problem no one can solve is that my trans starts out in second after a full throttle run. It will not downshift to first after a run unless its done manually.

So many things have been tried with no luck and If I have to R&R this thing one more time I may go bonkers :eek:

There's a good chance that the problems lies in the valve body itself, therefore you may just transfer the problem to the new transmission. See if you can find a local shop that's equipped with a valve body test machine.

Zoom Technology is in your neck of the woods and they manufacture some of the best test equipment out there and we use much of it. They may be able to steer you to someone local to you with the right test equipment.

sounds like you have excessive pressure in the governor circuit .this will cause stroking of the 1/2 shift valve if it is higher than tv and spring force ,.lanv easy test is shift to neutral and then to drive after a pass. what this does is exhaust governor oil from the circuit introducing negative upshift pressure. are you in first?if you are suspect plugged governor compensator circuit in spacer plate ,misaligned plate gaskets,reduced governor feed passage in plate ,or restricted 2nd clutch exhaust circuit in valve body .this circuit has an orifice cup plug which i remove on every o/haul as iy has made me miserable a good many times .try to correct what you have before buying any new stuff.and if you feel you need a valve body we have over 150 in stock.ckperformance.com i need feedback ill help you fix it