trans help[ck perf]

jim406

whats up i have an 86 tr the trans was rebuilt 2 months ago i just got car not on road yet but test driving it sometimes goes into 3rd or 4th gear by 20 mph and does not accel good . if i hold it in low it feels almost normal but when i shift into second[manualy]it kind of goes in very late then it grabs completely and the car takes off should i put in a shift kit the trans is new or put in a real trans like a 350 or 400 i played with tregals 10 years ago and always had trans problems also the tv cable was all the way in i readjusted that and it got a little better
help help

first thing to do is set the tv cable as tight as it will go and see if the shifts at wot are above 4500 rpms.check and post.was this rebuilt by you or a shop ?you may want to bring it back to the rebuilder for a decond look because operating w/lo tv pressure will immediately destroy the transmission.www.ckperformance.com

set cable tight full throttle cable went back a couple of clicks ok... drove car wot trans shifted at 4500-5000 i slammed ooff a dead stop and shifted into second over 4500 all times just goes in like trash [not slipping just very lazy] i just got car from south jersey and the guy had trans done about a month ago by one of his friends. he said he wanted a shift kit but his rebuilder would not warranty the trans so he forgot about it.i dont have car on road yet so its hard to just take it out and try it .also the motor was rebuilt a few months prior so im also in the middle of fixing some botched up stuff .would you reccomend a shift kit if not should i take trans out and bring it to you to go over i live on long island

thanks
jimmy

hey chris i live in lindenhurst.. also like i said i just got car and while playing with trans cable and keeping up with your replies i have replaced the vacuum lines to turbo with the right ones took some other cheesey mods out put it to original and the car feels real good now driving normal the trans shifs fine when hammering it the trans shifts good but i want it to be more positive i would like to buy one of your kits just give me the info i also checked the fluid again it is clean and smells ok i think it would last without any problems ??? also thanks very much for keeping up with my questions and troubleshooting tips i will defineatly use your shop to build my trannies sounds like you know alot ..and you do spend alot of time with people on this board...
thanks keep in touch[also i am opening a repair shop in lindenhurst in the next couple of months and i do custom work also. welding .fabrication.roll baRS..WE HAVE ALOT OR RACE AND STREET CARS WE ALWAYS NEED A GOOD HONEST TRANNY GUY I DEFINATELY WILL BE CALLING YOU

THANKS
JIMMY

great ,lizzard racing is a distributor of ours ,but are getting weird .do you know them?how about mickey from new hiway perf.on edison ave?

Try filling the tran a quart over.

I had the same problem then I put inthe AC high tech valve body kit and it was still there.

Overfilled the tranny slightly and boom a whole different car wide open throttle breaks em loose 1-2 everytime. On all stock internals other that the kit.