trans gurus in here

xsbc63x

hey guys i am about to get my TTA back up and running and had a question on what trans to use- i have the stock trans from my tta that eventually i would let jimmy build. otherwise a friend gave me a trans he had built a few years ago and never got to use (sold the car as is) but i noticed the ears are different on the case and also i think his trans is from a 84 gn, but not sure. If its built up would it matter anyways? he said he would give me a good price on his trans. heres some pictures of the built trans, which one would you guys go with.
The built one is the black one with the precision converter.
also on the id tag it says 7BRF 7912106 10184
any info appreciated~!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 129
The BRF trans has a BOP/BuickOldsPontiac only bellhousing. Yours has the UniBell/BOP & Chevy housing.
If your TTA has different rear gears than the 3.42s in the GN/T-Type you may want to use the TTA Trans's Governor & ValveBody in the BRF trans. Otherwise it should work fine.

the TTA has a 3.27 gear ratio, what would the effects of using the governor and valve body of the gn be?

I have 2 BRF cases here and they are both unibell patterns. The only BOP-only patters I have seen are the early 2004R's. Like the 80 and 81 date code cases. After 82 I have only come across unibell patterns. My original 87 BRF case is a unibell also. All the BQ, OZ and KZF cases are unibell too. I hope someone else can chime in too.

the TTA has a 3.27 gear ratio, what would the effects of using the governor and valve body of the gn be?

The Gov & ValveBody is tuned to the stock gear ratio. I'm not sure what the effects of running the BR Gov/VB would be. Chris, Bison etc.. may know how it would affect shift points.

The code on that tag looks odd as well. May be a GM Reman or someone has swapped the BR parts into an early case and restamped the tag?? :confused: