Tranny or TC

ChavoLC2

Well I still need to drop the tranny to find out exactly what's going on. The other day I was coming home got on it pretty hard tfrom a roll and she responded immeadiatly and then a loud bam. Next thing I know no forward gear/motion like the tranny or torque converter was disconnected. Was hoping ot was a U-joint but no. On another GN had the same thing happen and it was the TC. Probably wishful thinking that it's just the TC this time. This tranny was beefed up with hardened forward drum and billet input shaft from WE4 hoping it's alright but I guess they can fail. When I drop the tranny and pull off the TC will I be able to get a good look at the input shaft to see if the rear splines on input shaft are messed up or will the tranny need to be completely disassembled to see if forward drum and input need replacing. Any info would be much appreciated. No one around here builds these trannies to the quality our Buick tranny gurus do, so by the time I ship her out and have someone go thru it and if the input and FD need replacing I might as well buy one already built up. DLS/quickT has one for 1895 plus shipping. Any ideas /info would be appreciated could it just be the TC or does it sound like a complete failure??? TIA

Sounds like a broken forward drum shaft. You said hardened not billet. I havent seen a billet shaft break yet. Do you have any oil pressure. Maybe a pump failure?