Tranny Jack

OneBadTT

Has anyone worked with the cheaper tranny jacks- Jegs, Torin, Summit, etc.? Do they work okay for home use? Anyone recommend any of these? Getting ready to buy one but I dont want to waste my money. Thanks.

Try and stick with a "name brand". I paid 500.00 for a good used one. this is one of those items where you get what you pay for. phil.

I have this one from Harbor Freight with no complainants: 2000 Lb. Low-Profile Transmission Jack

image_825.jpg

Makes installing the trans a one man operation. I have lent it to my friends and they loved using it.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I have one from Harbor Freight as well and it's the very cheap version. Rated for 500 LBS but it's been a Godsend for me. I've used it for trannys and rear ends and it's worked well as a seat while fixing my rear quarters. I think I paid $50 for it and it's been a great investment so far.

Thanks everyone for the information. I feel a little better about going with a low priced one now. I wish I could afford a nicer one but the Harbor Freight one is the one I will have to buy.

Thanks everyone. I am keeping the price at or below $150 so you gave me some good ideas.

Lou

Here's a pic of using mine today on my gas tank. It has a safety strap with it and I was suprised that it fit around the tank without any problems.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 165
Here's a pic of using mine today on my gas tank. It has a safety strap with it and I was suprised that it fit around the tank without any problems.:cool:

I have the same model.... just dont use a impact to lower it :eek: it drops WAY to fast :biggrin: stitching one of your fingers back on isn't a easy task :D

I have the same model.... just dont use a impact to lower it :eek: it drops WAY to fast :biggrin: stitching one of your fingers back on isn't a easy task :D

I didn't have to stich a finger back on but I did break the retainer for the screw.:eek: I have an impact that will allow you to feather it and someone startled me.:mad: Squeezed a little to hard and it came down really fast.:redface:

I too use a Harbor Freight jack.As others stated works really well,and also have used it for my gas tank and also as a jack for my banshee.They always have the 20% off coupons in various magazines or you can downlaod them online.

800 Lb. Capacity Transmission Jack

That is the model I bought. The car has to be raised pretty high to get the tranny out from under the car on the jack. I ended up taking mine out from the drivers side as there is just enough clearance to slide the tranny out past the tire. The lower profile jack would work much better but is more than double the cost.

Bryan

sorry carlief1 but dont ever use a scissor jack put a 4L80 on one and killed it

ps by the way im strong i just bench press them in and out lol no seriously i do

I ve got a brand new heavy duty one that I never got around to using that slips right into the lift of a floor jack-comes with 4 chains to clamp the transmission on-$75. Plus shipping.