Tranny Acting Up?????

87GNATIONAL

Has Anyone Had The Problem Where It Feels Like A Vacuum Hose Has Been Disconnected? My Gn Starded Today I Put It In D Its Slipping I Give It Gas And More Gas Then It Just Slams Into Gear, What Could This Be??? It Happens On Reverse And Drive.

Similar problem?

I'm having what sounds like a similar problem. At low speeds in stop and go traffic, the car slams into 2nd gear and shifts are delayed. At higher speeds the shifts are still smooth. So you think it could be a vaccuum hose disconnected? What is this TV cable. I checked the fluid, it's full and clean, no bad smell. I live in Atlanta and need to find someone to take it to, I think several people have said bad things about SE turbo. :frown:

I'm having what sounds like a similar problem. At low speeds in stop and go traffic, the car slams into 2nd gear and shifts are delayed. At higher speeds the shifts are still smooth. So you think it could be a vaccuum hose disconnected? What is this TV cable. I checked the fluid, it's full and clean, no bad smell. I live in Atlanta and need to find someone to take it to, I think several people have said bad things about SE turbo. :frown:

Instead of a vacuum line our gn trannys use a cable. Its on the throttle body with the throttle cable and the cruise cable.. Sounds like you need to give a little slack. There is a button facing the drivers side it looks like a D. Push it in and move the cable toward the front of the car 1 or 2 teeth.

Blew tranny completely:mad: Slips in every gear put in park its still in gear??? Need a good reliable shop in southern california area for rebuild??

Rob fixed it

FYI y'all- it was the TV cable. It needs to be pulled out one more click but Rob Idle fixed it for me! He is the man! :D A very public thank you to Rob.