Traditional Christmas Eve Dinners

Pressure-Less

I wanted to know what you or your family has for a Christmas Eve dinner. Not Christmas Day but tonight. Our family has a South Texas style dinner. It consists of Texas tamales, I usually get courtesey of my mother, and chili. Sometimes we may added enchiladas but not very often. So, let me know what everyone else enjoys for their dinner on Christmas Eve.:smile:

Chinese buffet. Wifes family tradition. The inlaws are here so we are doing there traditions. When just my family here we do the turkey ham and stuffing things.

When I and my 4 sisters were younger we had the traditional Christmas dinner with my moms side of family and the SAME EXACT thing on christmas day with my dads side....however since we've all grown older we have a big BBQ with Hash and rice ...very good!! or I go to my Girlfriend's they have Chili every Christmas eve....but since I'm at the Fire House today I won't be having either:frown: .........We'll figure something out

Traditional New Mexican

Every Christmas Eve we go to my mothers, we have tamales red pork & green chili turkey, chili rojo,frijoles, posole', menudo, empanaditas, pastilitos,and bischocitos.

I wanted to know what you or your family has for a Christmas Eve dinner. Not Christmas Day but tonight. Our family has a South Texas style dinner. It consists of Texas tamales, I usually get courtesey of my mother, and chili. Sometimes we may added enchiladas but not very often. So, let me know what everyone else enjoys for their dinner on Christmas Eve.:smile:

Ham and Stuffing and all the goodies; Merry Christmas In Hutch:biggrin: I am north east of ya 3.5 hours in Ks:cool:

Ty, weren't you living in or near Halstead or Hesston before? I can't remember. Anyway, Merry Christmas to a fellow Kansan! Oh, and Happy Birthday on top of that!

Let's see.. last night we attempted to go to Taco Bell but they were closed, so detoured to Taco Burrito King. Big pile of nachos for me.

Ty, weren't you living in or near Halstead or Hesston before? I can't remember. Anyway, Merry Christmas to a fellow Kansan! Oh, and Happy Birthday on top of that!

That is correct; Hesston. We have since moved back "home" and are purchasing a family business:cool:

MERRY CHRISTMAS:D

mmmm Taco Burrito King...my mouth is watering

Haha, they were the only place smart enough to be open! We were driving around looking for a place to eat, seeing everything was closed, saw the TBK store was lit up and pulled a U-turn!

My "extended" family of SloGN & BarnesGN have been celebrating Christmas Eve with us for about 7 yrs now. Yesterday ESinger & his son and another turbo Regal owner joined us for a traditional Christmas roast turkey lunch with all the trimmings. Most of the time we have the normal turkey dinner, but depending on weather, we've also grilled steaks out. It just wouldn't be the holidays without having a bunch of turbo Regals parked out front:)

My "extended" family of SloGN & BarnesGN have been celebrating Christmas Eve with us for about 7 yrs now. Yesterday ESinger & his son and another turbo Regal owner joined us for a traditional Christmas roast turkey lunch with all the trimmings. Most of the time we have the normal turkey dinner, but depending on weather, we've also grilled steaks out. It just wouldn't be the holidays without having a bunch of turbo Regals parked out front:)

Thanks mama cheryl it was fantastic as always.

Normally it's pot luck, the whole family gets together and brings stuff, typical fair is pies/cakes/cookies, ham and cheese trays with crackers, veggie trays, just basic finger fair.

Last night since granny is nursing home bound and the extended family no longer gets together my sis and her kids and husband and my mom all came here and we had basically finger foods, and some wine, margaritas, etc, and we just had a good time. Got my sis all pissed though, got my bro in law quite tipsy, she left about 9 and my wife drove him home around 11 along with their oldest who stayed and played Rockband on our Xbox 360 (we let our kid open it early so we could all sit around and play). All in all a good fun evening was had by all, and I pissed my sister off, just like old times yeah :D

At the inlaws we had sausage,shrimp and okra gumbo. It was awesome. we also had the usual cakes and pies and stuff. Now i have to run it all off:(

yeah and it was a blast as always

Italian Baked Ziti With Meatballs and Sausage
Traditional Turkey Dinner with Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Potatoes

Also, a Penil (Puerto Rican Roast Pork)

We were so stuffed, we had no room for N.Y. Cheesecake
:smile:

Italian Baked Ziti With Meatballs and Sausage
Traditional Turkey Dinner with Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Potatoes

Also, a Penil (Puerto Rican Roast Pork)

We were so stuffed, we had no room for N.Y. Cheesecake
:smile:

we had tamales,posole,sweetbread,tortillas,santa cookies,yams,pinatas;) ,LOUD MUSIC,MUNCHO TEQUILLA:eek: I don,t drink. lots of fun to be with famili:biggrin: