Track Times

highboostgn

Ran a 12.02@119 Last week. The track was horrible and so was my 60'(1.9). Made a second pass, but had to get out of it after hearing some popping. My knock gauge wasnt showing any knock however. I wasnt able to make a log off the XFI because my laptop died. This was on 20psi.

With all that has happened wishing good luck.your way w the popping noise.. nice run imagine if 60' was lower. Prob close to.mid 11s

With all that has happened wishing good luck.your way w the popping noise.. nice run imagine if 60' was lower. Prob close to.mid 11s
Im thinking its running super rich on the top end...But then again wouldnt that cause the knock gauge to light up?

Yeah It works... I guess the only way to tell is take the boost down a few psi and get a log

I've never encountered that and never heard it discussed before.

I stand corrected and learned something new if this is possible.

Being too rich will take out a head gasket or engine just a quick as being too lean, you definitely need to find the cause.

A dyno is an excellent way to get this straightened out with much less chance of any damage.

Your O2 and the one on the dyno will verify the readings, and you can look at the tune in a better environment than at the track.

Cheaper than a head gasket or worse?

Last edited:
It could have been a lean misfire, hitting rev limiter, floating valves, etc. usually an over rich mixture won't misfire that bad at full power. Richer mixtures are easier to fire than lean ones. I've seen some high hp nitrous engines hurt by over fueling but they were making over 150hp per hole. Not typical on 70hp per hole engine no matter how rich you get it. It will just lay out a lot unburned fuel and carbon monoxide. You have the mph of an 11.1 car. What was the eighth to quarter mph pick up?

It could have been a lean misfire, hitting rev limiter, floating valves, etc. usually an over rich mixture won't misfire that bad at full power. Richer mixtures are easier to fire than lean ones. I've seen some high hp nitrous engines hurt by over fueling but they were making over 150hp per hole. Not typical on 70hp per hole engine no matter how rich you get it. It will just lay out a lot unburned fuel and carbon monoxide. You have the mph of an 11.1 car. What was the eighth to quarter mph pick up?
i think it was from 92-119

Thats a 27 mph gain. Holy smokes. I dont know much but thats moving. What does looking at the 1/8 to 1/4 mph tell you?

It tells you that the boost wasn't even close to linear across the pass if he didn't let out at any point. Though wheelspin will increase it also. My car picks up 28.5mph out the back on a 140mph pass

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1395784997515.jpg
    1395784997515.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 125
It tells you that the boost wasn't even close to linear across the pass if he didn't let out at any point. Though wheelspin will increase it also. My car picks up 28.5mph out the back on a 140mph pass
What do you mean by linear

He means the boost spiked up or down.... Or you let out.
I think your spot on with wheel spin in the 1.9-2.0 60ft and MPH. Thats a low 11 car.
You loose ET and gain MPH when spinning out of the hole because you loose momentum. At a certain point, like 1.9-2.0 60ft it starts to hurt MPH and ET because so much forward momentum is lost.

He means the boost spiked up or down.... Or you let out.
I think your spot on with wheel spin in the 1.9-2.0 60ft and MPH. Thats a low 11 car.
You loose ET and gain MPH when spinning out of the hole because you loose momentum. At a certain point, like 1.9-2.0 60ft it starts to hurt MPH and ET because so much forward momentum is lost.
I gotcha. Well hopefully I'll get the ET streets to hook. Having stock suspension probably isn't helping and will be my next upgrade

Tire pressure is key with M/T drag radials. I had a similar experience as you last year. I read all these posts that said 18-20 psi at the track.....NOT! result was 1.9-2.0 60ft 92mph 1/8 and let out . Next time out, 16psi netted me 1.54 60ft and 95mph in the 1/8.

Tire pressure is key with M/T drag radials. I had a similar experience as you last year. I read all these posts that said 18-20 psi at the track.....NOT! result was 1.9-2.0 60ft 92mph 1/8 and let out . Next time out, 16psi netted me 1.54 60ft and 95mph in the 1/8.
That's funny. I had mine set right at 20. I ll try 16 next time. How much boost did you leave on