track times w/ new exhaust housing

Fuzzy

The best time in the T with the TE44 turbo and the .63 Precision exhaust was 12.98 @ 103 mph (19 psi boost, 4 psi launch, race gas and Red's 100 octane chip). The car had turbo lag. I switched to the .63 Garrett housing (RA recommendation) and the lag went away. In hotter weather with the same chip, boost and launch the car went 12.76 @ 105.5 mph. 60' time dropped from 2.0 to 1.8. The Garrett housing looks much smaller than the Precision housing but seems to work better in this car. Does this performance make sense for a basically stock motor?

Did you get that housing from Red, and if u dont mind, how much was it, im thinking about switchig to a garrett also.

Thanks

Kevin

No, I just got advice from Red. Originally purchased the turbo directly from Limit Engineering and worked with them on the exhaust housing swap.

The Garrett housing is more for stock aplications 12's or slower. The precision housing is good for 11 or quicker. I think you will see more gain on faster cars. I know I did when I put mine on. I went from 11.40's to 11.20's with the precision housing .63 3 bolt.

Hope that helps

my .02

my name is jason, hello
- i was running mid 12's with a stock turbo and 21lbs of boost. my 60' were 1.7's or lower. anyway i had a 3 grand converter. you need to build as much boost out of the hole you can. what a difference that made.