track officals

killr6

hey how is the track officals in fla do they mind if a 9 sec gn with no cage goes down the track need to know for the week end event

9 second 1/8 mile :D no problem

9 second 1/4 mile, ya gets tha boots..

Standard IHRA rules apply, 11.49 or faster ya needs a cage. Tho if you have a jacket, helmet, pants, and arent drinking a beer while driving, the typically allow a few sub 11 passes, maybe a high 10 pass then give ya a warning. Depends.. but a 9 second pass is pretty much over the line.

The event rents the track, theyre insurance goes along the IHRA guidelines. So yes they enforce it.

Originally posted by Razor
9 second 1/8 mile :D no problem

9 second 1/4 mile, ya gets tha boots..

Standard IHRA rules apply, 11.49 or faster ya needs a cage. Tho if you have a jacket, helmet, pants, and arent drinking a beer while driving, the typically allow a few sub 11 passes, maybe a high 10 pass then give ya a warning. Depends.. but a 9 second pass is pretty much over the line.

The event rents the track, theyre insurance goes along the IHRA guidelines. So yes they enforce it.

Julio, when he says cage I think he is talking about a 8 point...... If he has a roll bar (5 or 6 point) that is legal until 9.99 they might not mind him making a few 9 second blasts.....

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how hard they tech.....

FWIW, the last track rental we had there Orlando ran low 10's all day and he didn't even have a roll bar!

That was a year ago, hell just less than 4 months ago, they got into this "TRIP" that T-top cars=convertibles. And they've been tightening the belt ever since.

If you have a roll bar, they probably wont mind at all, tho rule books are rule books.

A month ago they kicked my buddy with an LS1 out, he ran like 10.2 no bar or cage. Richie HI PSI was kicked out on a saturday test n tune a month ago as well, he ran 11.xx( I wont say ;) ), my suggestion is if your car doesnt have a bar or cage, bring the rest of your safety equipment like a jacket, long pants, shoes, etc.. and their not too bad, if they see you trying.

Attention.. if your car will dip under 12.0's, bring a jacket and definetely a helmet, long pants, shoes, etc..

If you come in shorts and sandals, rip an 11.5.. ya gets the boots. Hope this helps just from racing so much at this particular track.

Just think, 5 years ago they would about let anything on the track. You could race and hold a beer at the same time. those days are long gone.

That was a year ago, hell just less than 4 months ago, they got into this "TRIP" that T-top cars=convertibles. And they've been tightening the belt ever since.

If you have a roll bar, they probably wont mind at all, tho rule books are rule books.

A month ago they kicked my buddy with an LS1 out, he ran like 10.2 no bar or cage. Richie HI PSI was kicked out on a saturday test n tune a month ago as well, he ran 11.xx( I wont say ;) ), my suggestion is if your car doesnt have a bar or cage, bring the rest of your safety equipment like a jacket, long pants, shoes, etc.. and their not too bad, if they see you trying.

Attention.. if your car will dip under 12.0's, bring a jacket and definetely a helmet, long pants, shoes, etc..

If you come in shorts and sandals, rip an 11.5.. ya gets the boots. Hope this helps just from racing so much at this particular track.

Just think, 5 years ago they would about let anything on the track. You could race and hold a beer at the same time. those days are long gone.

If you think BMP is getting strict with the tech you should make a trip down to Moroso:eek:

Dude the worst I have ever seen was Atlanta Dragway. They checked your helmets for the snell 95 tag, looked under the car, shook your battery, checked the tags on my seat belts, yanked on the cage, checked the wheel studs, looked at my SFI balancer, they were unreal. Cant tell you how many times I was sent home and couldnt run...

There is no tech here, just watch the ET's..

Dude the worst I have ever seen was Atlanta Dragway. They checked your helmets for the snell 95 tag, looked under the car, shook your battery, checked the tags on my seat belts, yanked on the cage, checked the wheel studs, looked at my SFI balancer, they were unreal. Cant tell you how many times I was sent home and couldnt run...

There is no tech here, just watch the ET's..

Honestly that sounds a LOT like how Moroso is now!:eek: They always check for the snell 95 tag on the helmet, check to make sure you have the longer wheel studs, make sure you have a driveshaft safety lube, and the cars that they see with a roll bar or cage get checked for all the SFI stuff.... Hell last time we were there with Orlando's car even though he put a 6 point roll bar in it they still spent a good 10-15 minutes checking everything!!! Before it was just a matter of them asking you what it runs and then just sign the tech card and go.... Now it's like going to the Fing airport!!!:eek: