TR Custom Parts/GN1 Intercooler

I was not picking on you I was just saying every car is differernt, If you have a four core you problally have more water capacity since it should be wider than Marks alluminium. You did a good comparision, but were you are its hot and most of us don't see those heat ranges as you do. Good luck selling it.

Sorry didnt mean to Hijack just trying to avoid the trouble your having. If I spend that much on a Rad I would expect it to work and work verry well at 4 times the price of an fbody one.

It's all about air flow and how it's directed thru the radiator or around it. :cool:

I like to help direct airflow THRU the radiator myself. :D

Make up a small scoop and connect the two airdams together under the car.
It makes a huge difference going down the highway. It allows air to shoot directly into the radiator without the FMIC blocking it's path.

Intercooler w/o lower air dam
5.jpg

Air dam installed
DSC069043.jpg

DSC069053.jpg

that's pretty clever! :cool:

I just thought I would share this pic I took yesterday. This is the radiator in question. It was brand new yet most of the rows along the left side are partially collapsed and random others are as well. This could be an issue:rolleyes:
DSC02835.jpg

Should have let me know about that before! Send it back to me and we will go from there.

TR Custom Parts
141 Ezra St
North Haven CT 06473

My car gets up to about 210-15 in 90 degree weather with the ac on high cruising and if I turn the ac off it drops back down to about 180 after 15-20 min... In 90 weather without the ac on it will be around 165-70... I never go WOT on the street or the freeway so I can't give my 2cents on that.:confused:

Should have let me know about that before! Send it back to me and we will go from there.

TR Custom Parts
141 Ezra St
North Haven CT 06473

Mark I will ship it out to you, I sent an email with this pic yesterday because I wanted you to see it first, I didn't get a reply but am assuming it never made it to the inbox. I just saw this for the first time yesterday, as I had only made a quick inspection inside the radiator when it was in the car and running so I could see it flowing.

Well, I've used a bunch of Mark's outstanding products and never had a problem. I also know JD and how thorough he is in diagnosing a problem before jumping to conclusions and blaming only the obvious. Looks like he has tried just about everything... thermostats, coolant, air dams, chin spoilers, fans before coming to the conclusion that his upgraded radiator just does not cool as well as his old copper one, BACK TO BACK.

It's freakin hot here. If you live in the northeast and are happy with 190 degrees, you would not be as happy with your car when you drive it down here and it jumps up to 220 and will not cool back down because it's so heat soaked.

Let me add that even though copper has a better thermal conductivity, the reason it deas not cool as well as aluminum is due to the solders and or epoxies :eek: that those radiators use in construction. Not to mention the surface area of the tubes. One of two rows of large tubes has more surface area for coolant to flow and transfer heat than 3,4, or 5 small rows. This is one of the things that bothers me about that radiator, the rows look small (especially in height for lack of a better word. not to mention than many look pinched)
I don't know about the fin count density.