TPS problems, NEED HELP PLEASE

lgnofdoom

I checked the voltage on my tps and it wouldn't go past 1.32v
SO I went out and bought a new one, No matter what direction I move the sensor it just won't adjust the lowest I can get the volts to drop to set the idle is .94 and when I have someone mash the throttle to the floor it drops all the way to zero.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Get a digital voltmeter. There will be three wires on the TPS. One is 5volts, the other is TPS signal and ground.

If you have the 5 volts, moving the little arm will swing it from 0-5v.

If you dont have the 5v..bad ecm or wiring from ecm to TPS.

How will I know if the ECM is bad or the harness is bad. I'm kind of on a budget now the wife will kill me if Ihave to spend another $625.00 on a harness and 100 or so on a ecm? IT was fine before I replaced the Throttle Body.

RE-read my post..get a friggin "DIGITAL VOLT METER" AND MEASURE THE VOLTAGE ON THE PLUG WIRES.

How do you do it without a voltmeter.. you take it to a shop and pay them 600 dollars

;)

Got to have tools to play.. WALMART sells voltmeters ya know ;)

Radio Shack, K-Mart, maybe even target

Ahhh..

Radioshackhas cheap voltmeters...just check if it has as batt. included, cuz I bought a cheap one, but after I bought the dang batteries it was as much as the one that came with batteries.

easy there razor, I do have a volt meter I just misunderstood.
I will try it this morning.
Thanks.

No problem brother.. I just get a little CRANKY sometimes :D

Top or bottom pin should read 5v when the ignition is switched on. Center is wire going to the ecm..

Black is ground
Grey is 5 volts
dk blue is signal

Cheers :)

loosen the 2 screws and then pull the sensor forward...and then pivot it up or down to get what u need.

Most scan tools give a TPS reading....

I'm sure DS and Turbolink give TPS readings, does scanmaster?

With all the people in CA, you'd think you could find a friend with a scan tool :)

I have a scan master inside the car, It was reading exactly the same as my volt meter< I am going to replace the battery today just in case the car is barely cranking over so that might be the culprit too.

OK new battery in car, checked the power wire I have 5V at the sensor but out of the signal wire I get 1.48 as the highest 0.0v the lowest problem being when I mash the throttle it goes to 0v I let it go to idle and it go's to 1.48, I don't get it new TPS sensor
IDEAS anyone should I try another sensor

Not sure how that is possible, but, I wonder if the roll pin in the throttle shaft that moves the lever is engaged properly?

What happens if you remove the tps from the throttle body (leaving the harness connected) and move the tps lever with your finger to simulate throttle shaft rotation?

If the lever moves and the voltage doesnt, then its a bad TPS. unbolt it and operate the little lever manually..the voltage on the center terminal should vary.

5 volts on the sensor is good news. Now make sure the lever is moving.

Julio

Did you buy it at the dealer? Was it this part# 25036663?

Almost sounds like the sensor you bought is wired to operate in the opposite direction.

Nobody has an Ac delco in stock over here. It is a borg warner unit. I guess it must be configured in reverse, I put the original one back in and it works correctly just not enough voltage anybody know where I can Original AC delco. I'll try that part # Steve.

Thank all of you

I would like to thank everyone for their help with this, I was sitting in the car yesterday pissed off becouse I couldn't adjust the tps sensor no matter what watching the scan master as I let the car run, The all of a sudden I I saw the voltage jump up from.32v to 1.36 at idleBAAAM. I figured it out. The car has to get to operating temp before adjusting the sensor at least my car WOOOHOOO car runs great I have 255-50-16 on it in the rear I can spin the tires from a stop just by rolling on the throttle all the way to 60-70MPH depending when it hooks.
Thanks Razor thanks everybody