Tough knock question

No. I ran it with with no alky and it still knocked. For a few pulls with 103 and no alky it didn't knock. Most of them it did though. Now with normal gas and alky it still knocks. I'm going to toss in a few gallons of xylene and shut off the alky again and test. I just don't get it though. The rest of the electronics say otherwise. Good AFRs and block learns in the low 120s.

what is your chip burned for? it says you have 2 chips in your sig? with 93/alky the timing is usually 24/21 so running 18/16 is a big difference as far as fueling is concerend

especially if you turned down the boost from say 22 to 17

Runnin the TT alky chip this season. It was 23/21 from Eric Marshall, but I turned it all the way down for tuning purposes. To be safe. Is mid tens on the air fuel meter too rich for that low of timing? I was told it wasn't whatsoever.

If I yanked my wastegate actuator arm and ran it N/A, it would run way too rich wouldn't it. I remember doin that accidentally about 2 months ago, and remember not being able to make it knock. Think this means anything?

Runnin the TT alky chip this season. It was 23/21 from Eric Marshall, but I turned it all the way down for tuning purposes. To be safe. Is mid tens on the air fuel meter too rich for that low of timing? I was told it wasn't whatsoever.
if you have the proper octane why turn it down? what is the boost range?

I'm keeping it down because I'm still trying to figure the car out. Trying to figure out the correct settings with the translator, and if everything is right before I turn the boost up. My boost is 17 psi with a TA61. The 103 octane is 93 pump gas with xylene added.

The knock sensor has a specific torque value...for a reason. IF you had Eric burn your chip for your EXACT combination...and for instance...you told him your max PSI was 23 lbs...then you should be able to go WOT with zero KR on the default settings. A PL file would tell us whether the KR is real or false.

Yea. I was thinking I'd have to hook up that power logger. And do you think that if it's real, it could be because my boost and timing's soo different from what was programmed in the chip to begin with?

" I was thinking I'd have to hook up that power logger".
My ?. WHY are you even fooling w/ the guessing, if you have a PL to work with?
[If you don't just disregard the ?]

" I was thinking I'd have to hook up that power logger".
My ?. WHY are you even fooling w/ the guessing, if you have a PL to work with?
[If you don't just disregard the ?]

This is my phone. That's about where I am when electronics come into play. Me and electronics do not get along very well. When cassettes were being phased out, I was terrified lol. Why do you think I like 80's and older cars? :) I can learn this stuff, it just takes a while.

Attachments

• phone.png
    phone.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 121
Yea. I was thinking I'd have to hook up that power logger. And do you think that if it's real, it could be because my boost and timing's soo different from what was programmed in the chip to begin with?

Did you have Eric burn your chip for your exact combination? What does the timing and PSI say on the back of the chip? Please hook up Powerlogger so we can help you. Guessing isn't good.

The knock sensor has a specific torque value...for a reason. IF you had Eric burn your chip for your EXACT combination...and for instance...you told him your max PSI was 23 lbs...then you should be able to go WOT with zero KR on the default settings. A PL file would tell us whether the KR is real or false.

x2 exactly what i was getting at

The chips for alky with 23/21 timing and I think 20 psi.

So with Erics chip on the default settings...and Julios alky kit on the default settings...in theory you should be able to go WOT on 93 and alky with zero KR. If your fuel pressure is rising with boost...then this should be a walk in the park.

Yea, but I'm not confident with this build just yet. I've found a TON of shit that wasn't right when I got it back from the shop, so now I'm like ah great, EVERY bolt on the oil and trans pan was finger tight... sooo what ELSE is not right? Shit I can't see? This is why I have everything backed off (boost/timing) and am starting from the safe zone and working up. Exhaust was ALL up against the control arms, the alky injection line filter was backwards, etc etc. And while slowing turning the power up, I am experiencing knock, which is why I'm here asking all these seemingly simple questions. The reason this doesn't add up is because I'm getting KR in spite of what my electronics tell me, so now I'm trying to basically get some answers to whether this is real KR or not, besides all the basic shit, which I already have covered. I'm here trying to find the really obscure, odd shit that causes knock, not the simple stuff like fuel pressure ramp rates or sufficient octane. I'm trying to cover my bases with the hard parts first, and then, I'll have more confidence to say whether or not the electronics are right, or fulla shit. As of now I can't afford to say they're fulla shit right this moment because if I blow it up, I'll ******** kill myself.

Looking for my powerlogger shit and instructions right now. Wait, nevermind... my laptop is tits up. I'll probably go buy another one tomorrow. More to follow...

A few hours later...

Ok, my shit was already hooked up. Finishing up with the map wire and will have the capability. Gotta get a laptop now.

Last edited: