Tough knock question

Ok, by the look of my power logger file, I got some shift points BUT, I had to disconnect my wastegate rod because no tires can withstand my car apparently. After on TWELVE weekends on the car, my Hoosier drag radials are wore down threadbare. I'm in bed by 2000 hrs because I'm up at 0430 so I can't mess around during the duty day, so I only have weekends. 12 weekends and my tires are done? That's odd... So I can't turn my boost up to test my new chip and alky set up BUT, I think I may be able to try some WOT bursts on the freeway near me :) We'll see how Radial TA's work at 50+ mph wot bursts. So far, my TT 91 street chip with basic translator and Z06 maf runs very nicely. Still a touch lean at idle but not enough to complain about. It's weird. When I first start the car up and drive it for a few minutes, she idles right at where I want it-high 12's afr. But as the day goes on it leans out :( Still not bad though, and I'm pretty happy with the car thus far. I'd have to say the 2 biggest things that had me chasing my tail was that leaky PCV and that 2nd gen translator. That thing did all SORTS of wacky shit to my tune. I still have a litlte tip in stumble but I never ease on the throttle that slowly to replicate the problem any how so it's really a non issue.

The only problem I have is my acceleration. It's not really where I think it should be based off of everyone else on this board. Though that would be another thread so I'll start that one next. Overall, I got 90% of my issues ironed out, thanks to the people on this board. I think I'm going to do an entire write up on the progress of this car. I have a list already generated. More to follow.

Edit: Installed new retuned alky chip. Runs nice :) But street tires suck :( Hopin the rain holds off so I can get some wot blasts down.

Last edited:
Ok, in this most recent upload, I have the same z06 maf, basic translator, my newly reburned TT alky chip with the timing pulled back to the typical 19/17 and the wastegate rod on the loosest it can be. Have 93 in the tank, and it's about 65 outside.

First KR event, it's at it's max of 2.5 degrees at 15.9 psi of boost, but what I need explained is that I've already let off the pedal from what the tps says. The tps is at 2.91 but my AFR is at 11.62. Not terribly lean either. Why would I start to get kr after I've already begun to lift?
Second KR event at 997 seconds in is also odd. At second 996.638 you can see my tps start to go down from 4.34, as my boost's rising. Am I guessing that this information is a few seconds behind? Like it takes a second for the computer to start to see stuff? A few fractions of a second before the peak of the KR spike I'm at 18 psi with an AFR of 12.8. Is that too lean for 18 psi you think?

Attachments

• new alky chip 1st run.dat
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I threw a few more psi on the FPR. We'll see what that does. Though I can't really tune this thing without tires anyhow. These Radial T/A's wont let me hit the throttle at any speed. I spin them at 50. Ah well, maybe I should just park it and hit it next year. I guess it's more appearance resto stuff this winter. Thanks for all the help guys. To be continued. :)