Torque Converter Recommendations for new combo

gmmuscle

Check out my sig-

Tranny rebuild to be complete this weekend and install of new engine tranny in 2 weeks. Car is mostly for cruising at night and weekends, however, I do want to get a timeslip in the mid 11's without putting her on kill.

What converter (stall and manufacturer) will give me good street manners, but launch car hard (either on street or at the track)? Will I need to add additional cooler-still running through factory connection to radiator.

Carl

One that stalls at 2800 rpm at 0-1 psi. Pats, Pro Torque, PTC(Dusty), Precision Vigilante, PTS 9/11, Art Carr, Ultimate Converter Concepts, Bradco, just throwing some options out there.

I run a 5 disc Precision Vigilante TC, very happy with it. If you want to lock it at the track or on the street at WOT, I don't think there is a better choice. If you want a non-LU unit, then I recommend PTC from Dusty from what I've read. I got this unit used and have been very happy with it. Drives around nice but could be a little tighter at 5k rpm, but that's what you sacrifice with a LU at low rpm.

i was looking for exactly what you are, and Dusty's 9" non lock did just that. An external cooler thru the radiator is always a good idea. Whos doing the rebuild on the trans?