Top Turbo Buick Shops from the inside out?

Justa6MB

I've had some turbo work done by Bison's Performance, and I'm very happy with it. And you hear nothing but great things about what he does with Turbo Buicks. Then there's Hartline's and Cotton's Performance which again I've heard lots of good things. However these guys are on the East Coast. Arizona GN also good things but way down south... Are there any home run shops up North? I'm pretty much in the middle of the continent. I'd love to take my car to somebody who really knows Turbo Buicks inside and out to work out a few bugs and dial it in.

Where are you located?

I am in the Akron OH area and would be more than happy to help.

Im small but have a pretty god knowledge of these cars and have references if needed.

There is Red Armstrong and Frank Parvin in this area too.

Hope this helps

Hmm good question. Obviously there are performance tuning and dyno shops relatively close by and they work on more modern cars than ours but as far as Buicks go -I do feel like I'm on my own and have to do the "heavy lifting" and figure out stuff for myself. I guess that doesn't really help but you could probably phone around.

I've owned my car for 20 years, and have always felt like I was on an island for the most part. And therefor done most of the work myself. I've never even ridden in another turbo buick. So I'd love to take it to someone who specializes in these cars.

20yrs and assumingly kept it running that long yourself that's pretty impressive. For myself I'm more worried about a internal catastrophic failure, changing sensors or external bolt on's is one thing but pulling the engine to change a head gasket or something worse and finding a machine shop to do it right etc...yeesh...might be a difficult task. Not that I can't do it...I have done it on other cars but my old back doesn't like leaning over a engine bay days on end anymore. Sooner or later I'll probably have to find out if I'm up to the task.

sometimes I forget how spoiled I am to live in Connecticut with both Bison and Otto within 30 min of me and Cotton is only 2 hrs away and Billy T in Jersey is sharp as well so yea the northeast is fortunate. and there is Bobby from RPE here as well. one of the best vendors mark huffman is here to. tiny state but lots of TR gurus.

don't really know anyone up that far sorry.

......... And I am looking for someone in southwest Ohio..... Someone that's *really* knowledgable about GN's. Any advice would be appreciated.

I've had the engine out and tore down a couple times, trans multiple times, axles, and pretty much everything else. But I'd like to push it into the 10's next year and I'd like somebody to check my work and help find a couple bugs. Ohio = 20+ hours 1 way, CT = 30+ hours 1 way. What about Kansas City? Chicago? Ok City? Even still 30 hours driving. Or just ship it to the Northeast with a transport company? Anybody done that?

ppl ship motors all the time. cars to. no big deal.

I've had the engine out and tore down a couple times, trans multiple times, axles, and pretty much everything else. But I'd like to push it into the 10's next year and I'd like somebody to check my work and help find a couple bugs. Ohio = 20+ hours 1 way, CT = 30+ hours 1 way. What about Kansas City? Chicago? Ok City? Even still 30 hours driving. Or just ship it to the Northeast with a transport company? Anybody done that?