Tony Stewart, your thoughts?

Even if your assumption of a prior incident between Ward and TS is true (which might explain why Ward was so pissed about an accident that was 100% his own fault), and even if they were trying to keep track of each other, there is still no way TS could have seen anybody coming from behind on the outside much less know who it was. So even if he felt a tap on his rear tire he would still have no idea who hit him.

Look, I get that a lot of people don't like TS but it defies all logic that he was even aware it was Ward who wrecked, much less that he had gotten out of his car. Therefore he had absolutely no reason to scan the track for a person and be planning to "teach them a lesson"... especially since he had done nothing wrong and would have no reason to think anybody would be upset with him. For people to even be suggesting that this was somehow a "lesson gone bad" is to ignore the facts and common sense and in their place substitute fantastical scenarios to fit their personal anti Tony Stewart agendas.

I have absolutely no "agenda" when it comes to Stewart and could care 2 sh!ts about him. I just look at all the evidence and factor it in. I don't give a well known a'hole on the track a pass.

In all of my many types of racing I've done even back to go carts when I was a kid you know and you feel where your opponents are especially if you've had a rub. Seat of the pants all senses ON. If that isn't true for others we might as well put robots in the cars or just go to remote control.

Wow, high on pot in a sprint car or any car for that matter.

It's tragedy for sure but hopefully Tony can move on and drivers will stay in their cars during a race.

You'd think the pot guy would have been more calm. I'm surprised what you can do while using pot too I guess. I wouldn't think driving a race car would be a good idea, but I don't think it was his driving that got him killed that night.

Now that sets Ward's family up for a counter suit if Tony wanted. Especially if Ward's family files a civil suit which it sounds like they are.

I see people just about everyday sparked up in their personal vehicle. It makes me wonder what they do for a living mostly . I get tested pretty regularly at my job.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Tony Stewart cleared by the grand jury... and Ward was high on pot!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasca...jury-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-190047656.html

How in the hell do you drive a sprint car high on pot??? Eating Doritos... listening to music... I get that... but driving a f'n sprint car?! Holy shit.
Did you read the statement from the family? They obviously have no clue of whats on the video. They are claiming speeding and lack of judgement...basically everything the DA was pressing for as evidence in a trial.
They must have hired an attorney off a billboard. That statement reads of GOLD-DIGGING...BIG TIME.
Rich guy gotta pay. Tony will settle out of court, but would win if he went to court. Unless they ask for an insane amount...which they probably will. If I were Tony...I'd offer publicly to donate a big amount to the local drug rehab to educate about the effects of smoking pot...then when the family refuses and still files a suit...you got them looking like money hungry grubs.
The great American system...its always somebody else's fault.

I'm not going to get into the pot thing, the chemical they test for can stay in your system for up to 30 days and as young and dumb as Ward may have been, I doubt he was burning one down at the track.

That said, if anything is to be learned from this terrible tragedy, it has to be "stay in the damn car". You're already done for this race, bravado won't change that fact. Unless it's on fire, or you are sure you are going to be hit where you sit, stay in the fricken car.

The statement that's being blasted on espn is that tony had tried to intimidate ward jr by accelerating and sliding towards kevin. Also had said that the focus should be on tony's actions not kevin's. They are going to persue all options and are doing what's right for kevin.

Doesn't really sound like they are doing anything in the interest of kevin, sounds like the opposite.

There's three sides to every story. No one knows what went through his head when he hit that throttle. If he knew it would kick out or not.

Bottom line is the kid wasn't smart for getting out of the car. Just like a real road rage incident, get out of your car, accept the consequences. This is not taking marijuana in his system into account (which by the way isnt a test to see if he had smoked it, it's a test to see how much is in one's system).

The family will sue, and yes, they are money hungry. Mourning, yes. But they deserve no money. Tony should not settle out of court in a civil case but probably will because it's easier.

Ashame all around. When you make a decision, live with the consequences

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113

If you watch the video again you will see the track had a slight "Bank" to it when TS tapped the throttle, tapping the throttle on a bank like that usually slides the car "Down the bank" which would have slide towards Tony's driver side Away from Kevin so I believe TS tried to slide the car away from him rather than into him!

within days we'll see a new nascar rule all drivers must pass a pee test before the race

within days we'll see a new nascar rule all drivers must pass a pee test before the race

They don't have that now? Thought there some racers back in the 80's that got tossed for coke...

lol. I don't know. I'm just bein a dork.
but some of my coworkers that are heavy into nascar where talking how they threw in the "don't leave your car rule" a few days ago

Wow...if any of you guys see any "common sense" for sale...stock up!!! It seems to be running in limited quantities. I do not believe the things we have to actually make a rule...:wtf:
My shop does not have a "rule" about throwing a bucket of water into the electrical panel...I think I'm gonna try that tomorrow.:confused:o_O:confused:o_O

Wow...if any of you guys see any "common sense" for sale...stock up!!! It seems to be running in limited quantities. I do not believe the things we have to actually make a rule...:wtf:
My shop does not have a "rule" about throwing a bucket of water into the electrical panel...I think I'm gonna try that tomorrow.:confused:o_O:confused:o_O
What about dick in a light socket? No rule?

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113