Tony Stewart, your thoughts?

You make my point. The car can turn LEFT. He gooses the throttle and swings the rear away which in turn points the front towards him. I think he was trying to scare the kid. No ill intent. It just went bad. We can all have our opinions, but the bottom line is Tony put him in the wall which started the whole thing in the first place.

I sure hope you're not right and Tony tried to scare the kid. Only Tony knows that answer.

You make my point. The car can turn LEFT. He gooses the throttle and swings the rear away which in turn points the front towards him. I think he was trying to scare the kid. No ill intent. It just went bad. We can all have our opinions, but the bottom line is Tony put him in the wall which started the whole thing in the first place.
No you do not understand...a sprint cars front end goes where the rear pushes it. It was real driving job to get it to react as he did in an instant. You have no idea how hard he had to twist that wheel to get the rear to swing the other way, when the ENTIRE design of the car is to go the opposite way. The slower they go...the harder they are to drive.
Most time only one front tire is on the track. In order for the car to turn left...the wheels are aimed right because of the rear stagger. The only reason he throttles is to AVOID the kid...not scare him. In order to have it in his mind to scare the kid...he would have KNOWN he was going to be running towards him on the track. THE LAST THING ANY DRIVER...EVEN TONY STEWART EXPECTS TO SEE ON A RACECAR TRACK...IS A PERSON. To think he remotely even had a clue this kid would be there is insane. To my knowledge...sprint cars do not use helmet mics, so no spotter would have been able to even yell into his helmet that the kid was on the track.
I bet the reason he wanted the rear tire taken off was because it was the rear tire that hit him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think T.S. was trying to spray him with dirt to humiliate him for daring to step up and call him out, same way he likes to do..
Also think that T.S. is a dink & a wannabe bad ass with short mans syndrome...water always sinks to its lowest level.

I think T.S. was trying to spray him with dirt to humiliate him for daring to step up and call him out, same way he likes to do..
Also think that T.S. is a dink & a wannabe bad ass with short mans syndrome...water always sinks to its lowest level.
Sorry, if you had a clue of how the car works...you'd know your response was dead wrong.
This is a serious story, and to post crap without having the slightest idea of any detail of the car design or situation is whats wrong with the internet.
This shit of getting out of the car happens way to often...esp with a hot head. They should take a drivers license for getting out unless the car is on fire or leaking fluid. Punch him in the pits...I got no issue with that.

Sorry, if you had a clue of how the car works...you'd know your response was dead wrong.
This is a serious story, and to post crap without having the slightest idea of any detail of the car design or situation is whats wrong with the internet.
This shit of getting out of the car happens way to often...esp with a hot head. They should take a drivers license for getting out unless the car is on fire or leaking fluid. Punch him in the pits...I got no issue with that.

Agreed!

Again, you make my point. I say these guys get out and get on the track is often. You say that's "insane" and contradict yourself saying it "happens way to often".

Once the caution was out Tony could see him when rounding the corner. He stayed a little high, but again this and your expertise is moot since Tony started it in the first place.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

Those front tires stayed right a little long to put him in the wall.

This is the view from these cars:

y6ejajyz.jpg

Imagine it at night, dim lightning and
Ward wearing a black suit. Bunch of tracks have now banned drivers getting out of their cars unless it is on fire or given the okay.

Again, you make my point. I say these guys get out and get on the track is often. You say that's "insane" and contradict yourself saying it "happens way to often".

Once the caution was out Tony could see him when rounding the corner. He stayed a little high, but again this and your expertise is moot since Tony started it in the first place.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

Those front tires stayed right a little long to put him in the wall.
First off...the deadspin article says he turned into him...when he turned away.
Second...you cant see shit out of a sprint car. It has fence on the front of it, and you cant turn your head nor move your arms. They are strapped in. You only look straight forward. So to say he saw him when rounding the corner is something you just do not understand.
Third...the front tires of a sprint car STAY right thru the entire turn...that's how they go left.
The getting out of the car starts at the go-cart level...it follows every level of racing, but it does not change the fact that it's the last thing ANY driver expects to see is a person on the track.
I was at Sharon Speedway in 1985 when Spanky Lewis was killed by another sprint car. He simply broke during a heat race...with only 4 other cars on the track. One of the other cars was just goosing the throttle and testing a chassis adjustment they has just made and all the sudden...Spanky was walking down the track towards the infield. Spanky was not mad, and was a veteran driver. The other driver had no chance...it was way more terrible then this incident. I spent most my early life around sprint cars and pits...they are different animals and not just anyone can drive them. They are the most powerful cars in racing.

This is the view from these cars:

y6ejajyz.jpg

Imagine it at night, dim lightning and
Ward wearing a black suit. Bunch of tracks have now banned drivers getting out of their cars unless it is on fire or given the okay.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I almost went down to my buddies shop and took a pic like this. Now imagine your helmet being strapped in and your arms being tied in with straps...I'm telling you...you just do not understand.

Bottom line... Tony is in trouble. He hired a "Super" attorney today. Can't say much more than that. Just pray for all involved.

Ward should have stayed in his car...........PERIOD! It was his actions that caused this awful tragedy......temper or no temper....STAY IN YOUR WRECKED CAR UNTIL TRACK CREW ARRIVES! Stewart was in no way intentionally trying to kill that kid.........

Bruce '87 Grand National

If TS did wreck him intentionally. I wonder what the video would show before the wreck that made TS want to put him into the wall.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

These cars can run a 1/4 mile...on dirt...making 4 turns in 10 secs
Doesn't take an expert to see that Tony was the catalyst. Period.
Your hopeless. There were prob no less then 10 other spin outs that night and every night at every track.
I just saw where those races don't use spotters. That is crazy!
The cars are too loud. The open headers are directly under the cockpit. Remember...these car have the greatest power to weight ratio of any racecar on the planet. They weigh in the 1800 pound range and are in the 1000-1100 horsepower area. I was wondering if they had figured out a way to install helmet intercoms yet, but I guess not. That would have changed my mind for sure in this case.
I havent been around a car for a few years. My shop quit sponsoring our car about 2006 when they changed drivers.

not knowing shit from shit and ONLY going by the video.
TS hit the gas as he was already passing the dummy.
looks like as TS passes the dummy the dummy walks into the side of the car in between the wheels TS then guns it and the slingshot starts.
i just looked at it another five times and i like the idea of "close drive and dirt spit" He clearly wasn't flying.

Last edited:
There is no way Ward should have been out of his car running around on the track. Very foolish. If he has a bone to pick they can settle it in the pits.

I know nothing about racing something like this, or controlling it, but I doubt Stewart would have tried to hit the guy. He was either trying to mess around with him or avoid him. Either way neither one of them made a good decision.