Tony Stewart, your thoughts?

Lots of differing opinions in here but I think the one thing everyone agrees with is there was no intention to kill the poor kid.

I know T/S has a temper and I've seen him do the exact same thing to Ward that he has done to others that have either pissed him off or when he tries to intimidate someone that he thinks screwed him.

I just watched the video 10 times, it's clear as day T/S was not only close to that J/A Ward, he TURNED into him.

Now if that was supposedly to avoid him then T/S really screwed up because at that point he realized he was closer than he wanted to be and knew that the WIDER rear tire was going to trample the poor bastard.

Do I think T/S tried to run him over? NO! I do think that his temper got the best of him just like Wards did and he was trying to make a statement to Ward.

Something like: take this you little punk, how dare you get out of your car and yell at me. I'm the man here and rubbings racing so if you don't like it pack up your piece of crap car and go home and cry to someone who cares.

I'm not looking to piss people off, I've been watching Tony race for years and he has a reputation for being a hot head/ bully on the track.

Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong it could have been and should have been avoided. As far as I see it they both screwed up and one lost his life because of it.

Last edited:
Bottom line... Tony is in trouble. He hired a "Super" attorney today. Can't say much more than that. Just pray for all involved.

There is no other option regardless of fault or intentions so that is also a moot point.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I know T/S has a temper and I've seen him do the exact same thing to Ward that he has done to others that have either pissed him off or when he tries to intimidate someone that he thinks screwed him.

I just watched the video 10 times, it's clear as day T/S was not only close to that J/A Ward, he TURNED into him.

Now if that supposedly to avoid him then T/S really screwed up because at that point he realized he was closer than he wanted to be and new that the WIDER rear tire was going to trample the poor bastard.

Do I think T/S tried to run him over? NO! I do think that his temper got the best of him just like Wards did and he was trying to make a statement to Ward.

Something like: take this you little punk, how dare you get out of your car and yell at me. I'm the man here and rubbings racing so if you don't like it pack up your piece of crap car and go home and cry to someone who cares.

I'm not looking to piss people off, I've been watching Tony race for years and he has a reputation for being a hot head/ bully on the track.

Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong it could have been and should have been avoided. As far as I see it they both screwed up and one lost his life because of it.
If you read my posts...you would understand how these cars turn. They do not steer like normal cars. they only turn UNDER POWER. He had to turn right to get the rear to go left. If he did it the other way...the rear would have swung around like a bat and slammed into him. Tony was following the car in front of him...he was no higher on the track then the other cars passing. If this were any other type of car...it would have been avoided or less tragic. These cars have very poor vision...( if you saw the posted pic) and there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he saw this kid and thought about "spinning dirt" on him in a split sec. The kid let the first car pass and then darted into Tony's path. By time he was in Tony's line of sight...he only reaction was to avoid him.
I've been around 500-1000 sprint car races and seen many wrecks. The drivers comment all the time on how hard it is to avoid debris on the track because you dont see it until it almost too late.
To the guys developing their own opinions...go post them on the dirt track forum. You wont find one guy there that even second guesses Tony's reaction. I've been following the posts.

I saw your posts and pics that were posted.

Tony could have avoided Ward as far as I see it in the video.

He's been driving for years, longer than most on that track probably. Everyone else avoided Ward. They obviously saw him!!

I saw what I saw, he turned towards Ward and that's a fact. Now if the angle I watched that happen at was detrimental to what really happened I would change my mind if it was seen at an angle that could prove otherwise.

T/S and his temper are legendary and I could be wrong but I think it finally caught up to him.

The link worked for me. It basically says that there is not enough evidence to press charges...now, but it could change. They are going to look at the video and see him "speed up"...that is going to trigger the same response as it has here. Until they interview a dozen other sprint car drivers and get the understanding of the car in that situation...then it will be dropped. There would be absolutely no debate, at all, if it were not somebody famous and worth a good deal of cash. It will be typical greed...a kid died and someone has to pay.
The famous F1 driver Ayrton Sienna was killed by his mechanic not tightening his steering shaft, but the investigation too longer then the statute of limitations for negligent homicide in Italy, so no legal action was taken. Ayrton's family never pressed the issue and showed real class and just absorbed the tremendous loss. That way of thinking is not part of our countries society.
Tony will end up making an out of court settlement with the young mans family out of respect and public pressure.
Sad but it the way the screwed up world works today.

Bottom Line is, No one on this board knows what TS was thinking, period. So arguing about it is like 2 dogs barking at each other with a fence in between them.

It is a tragedy, no matter what took place, the end result is the same.

jesus people are really taking this convo to heart. its the net. since no one knows what happen one persons thought or rather opinion is no more right than the other. only 3 ppl know what happened. Tony ward and God. 2 of them can't speak. so that just leaves us with what ifs.

I saw your posts and pics that were posted.

Tony could have avoided Ward as far as I see it in the video.

He's been driving for years, longer than most on that track probably. Everyone else avoided Ward. They obviously saw him!!

I saw what I saw, he turned towards Ward and that's a fact. Now if the angle I watched that happen at was detrimental to what really happened I would change my mind if it was seen at an angle that could prove otherwise.

T/S and his temper are legendary and I could be wrong but I think it finally caught up to him.
Sorry...the kid would not have come into his view until he was about 20-25 feet out. The kid AVOIDED the other cars and ran towards Tony. How many times do I need to say...THE CAR DOES NOT REACT UNLESS IT IS UNDER POWER. They will almost pull your shoulder out of socket trying to keep it straight. The kid was closing the gap by running toward him and Tony was going prob 40ish...go out and give it a shot.Try to avoid a moving black traffic cone, while pulling on a steering wheel to keep it straight, and staring thru a slot about 22" x 9"...with very little light...and having the cone jump into your path. Let me know how you make out.

The thing that most people don't realize is that Tony Stewart didn't have the advantage of the wide view angle from the stands like the spectators do. With him in close proximity to the car in front of him there was no way to see the kid on the track regardless if we could see him from the camera angle.
AG.

jesus people are really taking this congo to heart. its the net. since no one knows what happen one persons thought or rather opinion is more right than the other. only 3 ppl know what happened. Tony ward and Go. 2 of them can't speak. so that just leaves us with what ifs.
We will never be able to prove malicious intent. My posts are solely based on knowing these cars and they are NOT NORMAL CARS. If this were NASCAR, or a dirt modified or Late model...I would not even be in the conversation. Those cars drive like any other car. Sprint cars...they basically drive themselves in a circle and the driver holds on.
I bet 1 in 50 guys could get a sprint car out of the pits without hitting something or someone...and they push them out. They are not even under power yet.

Bottom Line is, No one on this board knows what TS was thinking, period. So arguing about it is like 2 dogs barking at each other with a fence in between them.

It is a tragedy, no matter what took place, the end result is the same.
I'm not arguing Ty. I just think if more guys understood the car...their view would change.

you may know how these cars work and run but you don't know what tony was thinking. ok thats great we know how they work but does nothing for simple fact we weren't in tonys car his mind etc. so we are left back at square one. maybe he did go for him and turned the car as such. being the professional driver he is he would have to position the car same way...

Look at the video and tell me how the car in front of Tony missed Ward and Tony hit him.

www.tmz.com/2014/08/10/tony-stewart-hits-and-kills-driver-dirt-track-sprint-car-kevin-ward-jr/

You yourself said that Tony was behind that car and didn't see Ward. Ward didn't run further towards the center of the track after the car in front of Tony passed Ward, he ran in the direction of Tonys oncoming car not in front of it.

Tony turned into Ward plain and simple. It may have been unavoidable as you say but I see it differently. Those cars can steer at slow speeds regardless of what you say. They react whether under power or not.

How they react are two different ways, hence why they turn in [steer] when not on the gas and why they turn out [steer] when under power in the corners.

Not trying to start a pissing match with you, You see a potato I see a patato.

BTW. How's your fan project coming??

Look at the video and tell me how the car in front of Tony missed Ward and Tony hit him.

www.tmz.com/2014/08/10/tony-stewart-hits-and-kills-driver-dirt-track-sprint-car-kevin-ward-jr/

You yourself said that Tony was behind that car and didn't see Ward. Ward didn't run further towards the center of the track after the car in front of Tony passed Ward, he ran in the direction of Tonys oncoming car not in front of it.

Tony turned into Ward plain and simple. It may have been unavoidable as you say but I see it differently. Those cars can steer at slow speeds regardless of what you say. They react whether under power or not.

How they react are two different ways, hence why they turn in [steer] when not on the gas and why they turn out [steer] when under power in the corners.

Not trying to start a pissing match with you, You see a potato I see a patato.

BTW. How's your fan project coming??
Go read the link in post 49. Actual drivers telling their version. An eye opener.

As for the fan...I have all the items, but its been such a cold summer, the car has not run hot. John at Caspers made me a schematic to tie it into the factory fan wiring, and just replace the factory relays with the 70 amp units. If you ever burn up a relay...grab these 70a units. They are beefy. I will add the fan this fall or winter, but a 70 degree Aug was not what I was thinking we would have. I'll keep you posted.
It does require an 80 amp fusible link and 10 gauge wiring. I also added a manual switch if I need it.