Tony Gomes Runs an 8.63@164

Otto J

And he did it on drag radials,off the foot brake ,with a 1.5* 60 foot Not at Night, But during the day on sat in 80* weather!!!!!!

That thing it motoring.Im not sure but i believe it is the fastest
T/A Block also.
Way to go Tony Congrats

Wow!

Congratulations Tony you are da man!!! :eek:

As far as I know Tony is the fastest TA block car so far and the first DR Buick in the 8's and obviously the fastest on a DR.. My brother (blackshoebox) and I talked to Tony at Orlando about him running his car on the DRs and after seeing how well Dave's car 60'ed on the M/T 325/50/15s (1.41 if I remember correctly) he sounded pretty confident he would get is car in the 8's without a problem.. I wonder if he was running that 94mm thumper he was talking about using or if this was something smaller like the midframe GT47 88?? Sounds like his car should easily have an 8.40 in it maybe a 30!!! Still have the cold A/C for the ride back to the pits?? :biggrin:

BTW, Not sure if you realized this but you would have just made the bump in Radial it was 8.64 :cool:

Tony,

Congratulations and I was talking to your boy Job this weekend.
I look forward to even more out of your car in the future!!!

Brick, a buddy at the race told me he had the thumper on it. I'm supposed to have an e-mail with video of the 8.6 pass coming my way if he can get it to work. He did tell me the video wasn't that great but the first 300 feet of the pass was awesome. Maybe someone else will have the video too.

I'm even more impressed that the 60' was only in the 1.5's and it went 8.60's.

That's flying

Nice job there TG...............................Can you ring in with your short time was and give your thoughts on how much is left in that t/a block prepped by Bobby....

Joe H....
Today is a great day.......

Who knew the original Noslo6 still lurked the boards? Getting the itch again, Joe?

Dusty Bradford said:
Brick, a buddy at the race told me he had the thumper on it. I'm supposed to have an e-mail with video of the 8.6 pass coming my way if he can get it to work. He did tell me the video wasn't that great but the first 300 feet of the pass was awesome. Maybe someone else will have the video too.

I'm even more impressed that the 60' was only in the 1.5's and it went 8.60's.

That's flying

Dusty, Cool I figured he had the thumper on it as Tony seems like the type of person that goes all out when he's looking to accomplish something (definitely not the type to bring a knife to a gun fight if ya know what I mean)! Hopefully you can post the video of the pass or if somebody else has it please post it up!!! :cool:

Maybe somebody else has it. Surely there's several out there that taped it. Todd has been trying to send me the video but it's too large for my mailbox and we're just rednecks that know nothing about video internet stuff. Posting pics was a major step :biggrin:

If somebody knows something about this then give me an address and I'll have Todd send it your way.

JoeHorvith said:
Nice job there TG...............................Can you ring in with your short time was and give your thoughts on how much is left in that t/a block prepped by Bobby....

Joe H....
Today is a great day.......

Thanks all

Joe nice to see you on here, the 60ft was 1.53 on that pass,the first pass of the day was a 1.42 I went a 134 mph in the 1/8 but my 2 step is tied into my brake pedal switch the switch went bad so I had hold the brake pedal up with my foot well about the 700- 800 foot mark I must have relaxed my foot because the motor cut right out I lifted right away. The next pass I left too soft and abourted the run the 3rd pass was the charm it went 132.4 in the 1/8 I can tell you this the tug from the parachute @ 164+ was an eye awakening experience. :eek: I think there is still between 150-200 hp still left maybe more who knows trust me it wont be because of the turbo it ran 161 mph with 22 # I called bobby after the 8.91 pass the night before to give him the news in one breath he tells me to turn it up and then in another he reminds me where I am reynolds left lane and 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Tony Gomes

baadgn said:
Thanks all

Joe nice to see you on here, the 60ft was 1.53 on that pass,the first pass of the day was a 1.42 I went a 134 mph in the 1/8 but my 2 step is tied into my brake pedal switch the switch went bad so I had hold the brake pedal up with my foot well about the 700- 800 foot mark I must have relaxed my foot because the motor cut right out I lifted right away. The next pass I left too soft and abourted the run the 3rd pass was the charm it went 132.4 in the 1/8 I can tell you this the tug from the parachute @ 164+ was an eye awakening experience. :eek: I think there is still between 150-200 hp still left maybe more who knows trust me it wont be because of the turbo it ran 161 mph with 22 # I called bobby after the 8.91 pass the night before to give him the news in one breath he tells me to turn it up and then in another he reminds me where I am reynolds left lane and 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Tony Gomes

Tony,

Congratulations,....... Very Impressive!!

Joe

baadgn said:
Thanks all

I called bobby after the 8.91 pass the night before to give him the news in one breath he tells me to turn it up and then in another he reminds me where I am reynolds left lane and 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Tony Gomes
Damn dont you hate when people bring that stuff up? :)
Tony dont break that thing!,My motor needs to be done first :)

Thanks again for hauling tha stuff back for me,I owe ya one

Joe Lubrant said:
Tony,

Congratulations,....... Very Impressive!!

Joe

Joe,
Thank you It has been a long year too many changes at one time how is your car coming along ?

baadgn said:
Joe,
Thank you It has been a long year too many changes at one time how is your car coming along ?

Pictures of the 94MM Please!!! :biggrin:

Congrats again Tony your times with the drag radials....
Ole Noslo6, is sitting in the garage for the last 4 years with new paint and a rewiring from under the dash out.... The stage 1 was sold many years ago to go to a stage 2 motor sitting at RPE... Ladders bars are being removed this year and going back to stock suspenison to fit car into the class we were talking about at your house Tony.... Hmmm... Car might see the track by July maybe........... But to get back to your car Tony that bada$$ stock appearing Buick has to be the fastest one out there and we here are proud of your accompishments with your GN.......

Joe Horvith
"The Orginal" Noslo6 9.30@150mph many many moons ago.......

Joe Horvith
9.30@150mph