Tom's Turbo Garage - Grand National videos

The 255/ 60 ET's you're using are taller than the stock gums. you could have gone to 275-50-15's to retain the stock 26.1" and give you more contact patch at the same time. Probably worth another .10 or so short times. Yes would love to see you try the V-box again with hot gums! keep up the good work! BTW i took my T to work today. God i love these cars! :)

Taller tires will take a harder hit to the advantage of just having wider rubber. Plus the taller tires are better for mph on the big end. If you really want it all, go to a 28" 275/60/15. He wasn't spinning the skinny tires he had so going wider wouldn't improve his 60'. This is my experience anyway. I think he needs a better tune to get the power to come up faster.

hello; Nice job with all your work and any ideas to what's next? What tires are on the 16" rim just curious.
IBBY

Thank you! The tires are Kuhmo Ecsta XS, which is a pretty agressive tire made for SCCA racing. They were on the car when I got it. I'm not sure what's next - I just want to enjoy it for awhile really, as it's so much fun the way it is now!

The 255/ 60 ET's you're using are taller than the stock gums. you could have gone to 275-50-15's to retain the stock 26.1" and give you more contact patch at the same time. Probably worth another .10 or so short times. Yes would love to see you try the V-box again with hot gums! keep up the good work! BTW i took my T to work today. God i love these cars! :)

Thank you! The tires are taller, but I liked how the gearing/mph looked with them in my calculator. When I wear these out, I may go with something a little different. Enjoy your T!

Taller tires will take a harder hit to the advantage of just having wider rubber. Plus the taller tires are better for mph on the big end. If you really want it all, go to a 28" 275/60/15. He wasn't spinning the skinny tires he had so going wider wouldn't improve his 60'. This is my experience anyway. I think he needs a better tune to get the power to come up faster.

I completely agree and thank you for the advice/experience.