To debadge or not

Should the badges stay or go?

• Yes, these cars look great without badges.

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • No, keep 'em on.

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • Take them off and put on Monte SS badges.

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters

dproberts05

Just wondering how many of you guys have debadged your cars and how you think they look. I was doing the tedius job of cleaning around all the emblems today, which you can never get 100% clean, and thought that maybe I'd take them off. I think it would look good and I'm sick of cleaning around them. Or if someone has some simple way of cleaning them please share it. Dan

If I had a T-Type, I'd probably take them off (Except for the trunk).

With my GN, I'm leaving them on.

My two cents....

My take is if you're looking to be stealth for some reason, take 'em off. But then you better put on a regular Regal hood too.

But, me personally, I'd leave them on. Most younger "kids" don't have a clue as to what a TB is anyhow, and the ones who do, it's only because of the Fast & Furious movie. And then they thinks it's a V8 car anyhow, unless they've done some homework.

My car is badgeless and I think it looks great. no badges, no moldings! I'll post a pic next week when it gets out of the paint shop.

I LOVE my Monte Carlo. Damn slow too ;)

113-1.jpg

If you had a Hemi 'Cuda would you take off all the badges too? Hell no! Then why take the badges off of a just as legendary Grand National?

Leave them on- It is part of the cars identity, As much as the black paint is.

Just my opinion- Your mileage may vary ;)

John

I use an old toothbrush to clean around my emblems, trim, and such. Works great to help get all that white wax residue off.

My take is if you're looking to be stealth for some reason, take 'em off. But then you better put on a regular Regal hood too.

But, me personally, I'd leave them on. Most younger "kids" don't have a clue as to what a TB is anyhow, and the ones who do, it's only because of the Fast & Furious movie. And then they thinks it's a V8 car anyhow, unless they've done some homework.

I take offense to that statement. I'm 19 and drive an 87 gn. And everyone loved it before fast and furious. Several knew a lot about it even the tuner kids. Maybe that's just my area though.

If you had a Hemi 'Cuda would you take off all the badges too? Hell no! Then why take the badges off of a just as legendary Grand National?

Leave them on- It is part of the cars identity, As much as the black paint is.

Just my opinion- Your mileage may vary ;)

John

Agree with you,the cool thing about the 'cuda is the emblems were small and blended in with the car,you had to look for them,aside from the shaker hood of course! Kinda like my WE4,it's badged but a little more discreet than the GN's...Keep 'em on IMO

IMO, The cars with no badges look like somebody repainted it and was too cheap to buy new badges. Keep them on.

Im gonna answer this one...............

Its your car, do whatever you want with it! Hell, make it a special edition T-type Grand National Turbo T GNX Limited for all I care! :)

I think it depends more on the mileage and if it is original, also what you plan to do with the car. I knew when I bought mine I would be keeping it, and modifying it, so I took ALL the emblems off in 1986 (except the hood ornament) :eek:
I always laughed at the people who didn't know what it was, and Respected those that Did. :biggrin:
IMO my car looks MUCH better without them. But, a low mileage original car Must have them.
But then, what do I know :confused:

Badges

Keep them on! Don't take the honor of the GN away. Let it be known and be proud to be sportin a Legend.

When My GN gets repainted this year I’m going to keep the GN emblems and leave the 3.8 emblem off the hood.

It's your car... do what you want. I personally like debadged. Mine is badgeless and looks very clean. No emblems to clean around... You can always add them later if you suffer from an identity crisis...:cool: