to all those at Fontana

drive805

Thanks guys its was great meeting you, Neil,Morgan,Jason,Lou,Scott(Nice truck)Ray, Bill and Bill,and specially Mark hobbling around after surgery for putting this shin-dig together and whoever else i didn't mention.... to bad we didn't get to make more runs, I'm telling ya i will get into the 13's some day!!!
I dont' know what is going on with this car but on the way home i got it to hit 20lbs boost , a few times, when i couldn't get it past 17 at the track..... I guess i have to start from square one.....

can anyone tell me why a car will boost at 15-17lbs about 3 or 4 times then go to 20lbs without changing anything then go back to 15-17.....accuator?boost gauge???loosing vacuum??anyone..anyone buhler,buhler........

well again it was great meeting you all and hope that we do this again soon Mike A.K.A drive805

Sounds like you have a weak spring in the actuator. I had the same problem. I replaced the actuator with an HD unit and the problem was solved.

Thanks to all the GN guys, it was a lot of fun yesterday. It was really nice to meet all of you, although I have trouble remembering all your names... Thanks for showing my little brother and me your cars, we had a blast (even though I ran horrible times, stupid street tires). Hope to see you all again soon, thanks again.

Sean

Yeah, it was cool to put some faces with some names yesterday. First time at Fontana, nice facility, but I could do without all the rice and long waits between rounds.
Ray and I had some problems with his car, which is too bad. 'cause we were at least hoping to run some good MPH.
Anyway, just like you Mike...the car woke up going home. Go figure?

On the way home on the 15 with the fuel pressure droped a couple of pounds. The car was pulling like a freight train. And if you're the driver of that Porsch, well, all I can say is nice try. The needle on the speedo was pinned so hard for so long, I thought it was going to snap in half.

So let's do it again soon, so I can bring my car and join the fun. Just not at Fontana.
Al

hey everyone,

I loved meeting everyone and seein who had what and just learning the ropes, All your guys's cars are awesome and I can't wait to get one myself and get out there running. BTW I was the 16 year old kid out there( incase you didn't see me or know who i was on here) hopefully I didn't bother any of you guys. I really appreciate how nice everyone was too me so thanks for that and If any of you guys go to the track again please post it on the board, I would love to see any of your guys cars again

Thanks
Brian

Hey their Mike......your car should run in the 13's with the boost at 15 psi...that's not the problem IMHO...lets get together sometime. We'll work it out:)

Regards,

Bill Crawford

818-620-0155

Good to have meet you fellas!

And had an awesome time overall, even if my car did do a 21 sec ET 1/4 @ 58mph LOL!

Just before AL and I left for home, I lowered the fuel pressure down to 38 vac line off, from the original 45 vac line off and boy I tell ya, it was a totally diffrent car. Should have listend to you the first time Neal;) Anyway, the most important thing is that I learned a great deal from the pro's of these cars and will never forget what I was taught.

I will probably be going to Carlsbad this coming Saturday to get an Idea of what this thing will do. Even though I hate the place, it's most convient for now so i can get a few runs in and get it tuned with turbo link.

Hope we can do it again sometime, take care gents. BTW, are the newer Porches really that slow? And it wasn't a boxer;)

Ray

pictures?

ive got some pit shots. i'll post this week.
anyone else get get some? (pics that is)
andrew

hey drive805 i send you an email, if you need any help with your car i have some tools that may help with the tunning, let me know if you want to get together and trouble shot it, i send you and email but never got a reply i dont know if you check your email at hotmail.com. anyway let me know if you want the help.

310-938-5116

kevin.

hey drewster,

I got some pics, most of em turned out pretty good but I don't have anyway to put them on the comp from my house, Maybe I can talk to my friend into letting me use his scanner and put em on a site or something. If I get the pics on the net I'll post it on here.

Brian

Guy's,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in this get together. It was nice to see a good number of Buicks at the track. I enjoyed seeing/meeting all the guys and had fun racing too. The venue was a bit busy and the track conditions weren't great but it's always fun to hang out with the Buick Guys. I think we created an impression with the crowd also. Mark suggested that we go racing again in March sometime at Carlsbad. I'd be up for that!

Thanks Again

Neal

When is the next get-together? I should have the Buick up and running in the next month. School now takes up much of my time. Later!

I am all for another get togather. I think we all should thank Mark (darkside) for his effort in getting us togather the guy showed up the day after a knee operation and was glad to be there.Thanks for your effort Mark. We as group have to be prodded once in a while to get out and get togather. As for another meet at Carlsbad count me in my stage 2 won't be ready till the April or May time frame but I will show up in march and lend my support.

REG

Another get together would be great in the near future.

Also if anyone would like to go to Carlsbad this Saturday, Al and I will be there for sure, the wife approved it as long as she and the kid's could come. I think she becoming a boosts addic :eek:

Ray

Another event would definitely need to be held at a different venue. I had a great time socializing but when it comes down to it I'd rather be hot lapping the truck to death:D Actually, it did die Sat on my first run. Pass side head gasket went bye bye. It's already torn down and I'm in the process of cleaning up the heads. I'll be ready for the next event...just lemme know when!
BTW, it was good seeing you guys again and meeting the new faces also. Until next time!!

-scott wile

Chevota

Does this mean you will be at Carlsbad this Saturday tuning;)

Good luck on the truck and get it back together soon.

Ray

Hi thanks for the comments guys, I just got out of bed today at 4:00pm on tuesday. After I came home from Fontana I went to bed and have been there for 3 days straight. Thanks to all who showed up and look for more postings soon. Around the end of march or the middle of march I would love to see us at Carls Bad. But for right now, Im going back to bed for another 12 hrs. Thanks again guys.

Originally posted by Reginald West
I am all for another get togather. I think we all should thank Mark (darkside) for his effort in getting us togather the guy showed up the day after a knee operation and was glad to be there.Thanks for your effort Mark. We as group have to be prodded once in a while to get out and get togather. As for another meet at Carlsbad count me in my stage 2 won't be ready till the April or May time frame but I will show up in march and lend my support.

REG
I too would like to thank Mark! he is one enthusiastic fellow. I won't comment on the track. But the Buick crowd made it worth while. Its fun to watch Neal, Morgan, Jason, Paul Harris. & some of the other hard running buicks put on a show. It takes alot of effort to get these cars down the track & do so well.

tuning help...

Bill, Kevin and Drew and anyone else for that matter.....
i would love to figure out this car its driving me batty...
lets have a tune mike's car day and get this running right....
i will buy beer and pizza ........ but as i told you guys its possesed driving home from work the digital dash went black so now i have to get that fixed first.....

just so everyone knows here are the mods...
walbro 340hotwired, "009"inj.,eric marshall chip, kenne bell adj.FPR, turbonetics to4 "H", ported heads and intake 1.77 1.50 valves,kenne bell cam and ram air, K&N, steel center caps studded, J&E pistons, 160 stat,scanmasterII, chrome mass air, Motor has less then 5K since rebuild.....i was told by the builder that i should run easy mid 12's ...but in 6 passes down the track it has run the best of a 15:20 at 92.7mph

so let me know what you'all think and we will talk soon later mike