TO ALL MY FELLOW BUICK BROTHEREN I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!

85turboT

It was a sad day today i was driving my freshly painted 87 t (the one in my sig) and the powermaster let out on me i ran into a fence and destroyed the front vailace, fiberglass front bumber headlights, and the fillers along with the drivers front fender, i had full coverage on the car through state farm but they are trying to say i had only had my coverage for 2 days prior and are trying to say they wont cover it, if anyone has any front end parts or some advice it would be greatly appreciated. i am heartbroken over my car i had spent the last year restoring this car and finaly got it finished in may it was everything i had wanted. if you need to contact me directly my number is (812)5286467 any help would be appreiciated.

I think you need to fight that one with State Farm. Does it say somewhere in your policy that you have a waiting period before they will honor a claim? What if you hit an injured someone??? Something doesn't sound right. Get a hold of a State Farm regional rep if you are getting that answer from your agent!

I would be investigating that. I've always understood it that as soon as you sign the policy it's on.

F that, take state farm to the wood shed. You either have insurance or you don't. ( not to sound personal) . let us know how this works out. O and sorry about your ride.

Check with you state insurance department. They can help you determine laws regarding your policy.
I agree with Pronto about it being active when the policy is signed or on an agreed date.
I hope it works out for you.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sounds fishy to me! If you had a signed policy you had insurance.

I think just calling it in would constitute an agreement in most states. We do it here all the time from my car dealership.

I'd push this issue a little farther.

Most policies have a date and time the policy starts. Fight for it!

While I see your point, they may be playing "the car was damaged Prior" to the coverage going active two days before.

With that said, did you file a police report the day of the incident? That is key!

While I see your point, they may be playing "the car was damaged Prior" to the coverage going active two days before.

With that said, did you file a police report the day of the incident? That is key!
You don't need a police report to put in an insurance claim.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Too bad in this day and age common sense is a rare commodity. :confused:

For an a-hole to think an owner would purposely run his newly painted collector car into a fence defies common logic?

Sorry for your mis-fortune.

You don't need a police report to put in an insurance claim.

BPE2013@hotmail.com
Not at all. Just strengthens the case against the insurance company who is denying him what he paid for.

Been down this route with home owners / hurricane insurance. Much different senerio, but nonw the less an insurance company trying to get over on someone

Like others have said, fight them and get them to make it right. Once the car is repaired, might want to think about going to hydroboost brakes or vacuum brakes setup so you aren't worrying about them going out on you again.

No way in hell do they have a leg to stand on. All you need to do is get a neighbor to state that the car was not wrecked the day you were covered. Actually if the insurance company rep had done his job he wouldn't have written the policy without seeing the car in person. Good luck

Bryan

From working in a body shop, State Farm is generally the best insurance. My parents have always had State Farm and so do I. The way it has always been for us is when you get the coverage you are covered then, not a few days later Who wants insurance that starts in a few days? If you have it on paper where you payed for the insurance before the accident, I don't see where they are getting that from. I believe you're in the good. Good luck with her!

Everyone is talking about his ins policy but either way hes gonna need some frontend parts to fix his car....

thanks for all the advice im waiting for a agaent or claims adjuster to call me back, they said i changed my policy to liability a few months back and that when i came in and paid my premium (which was on the same day it happened) that i changed it back to my antique classic full coverage that i did have which i never tried to change i think they will fix it i hope but i am gonna need alot of parts to get it back together again and on the roadanyone have a parts car or front end pieces? i cant believe state farm actually thinks i would do this to my own fully restored car that i just got out of the shop, hell they even took pictures of it when i first got my policy so they know the car wasnt always like this.

There's a couple cars in the for sale section, here's one that is a complete car minus the bumper fillers in the front.
It's located near fort campbell in kentucky.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/index.php?threads/F/S-1987-Buick-T.416722

For the bumper fillers, spoolfool2's bumper fillers are hands down the best out there and his customer service is top notch.

There's a couple other cars in the for sale section. There was one that had been in a wreck with damage similar to your car and there was a roller that was missing a few things off the front that you needed for your car. There's a couple other cars listed that i hadn't mentioned and if you watch the for sale section, maybe you'll see something that fits into your budget of a parts car and getting some pieces you need to repair your car. If you can, would be a good idea to convert away from the powermaster brakes and go to a vacuum or a hydroboost brake system. The powermaster was prone to problems and many have upgraded to vacuum or hydroboost systems that are far more reliable.

Good Luck on this, hope everything works out for you.

Hope that you can get it fixed correctly and can enjoy it again.

thanks nascar i agree with you about spoolfools fillers the car has his rear fillers on it now and they look great, i also have some good news i talked to the insurance adjuster yesterday and at first they said i had liability only then called my agent and they verified that i had full coverage on the car so they said they will be sending out a adjuster to look at the damage in the next few days so hopefully i wont have any more problems out of them. but in the mean time i need to start getting tabs on parts for the car so i can start the rebuild process hopefully this will turn out like the ''million dollar man'' rebuilt better stronger and fast than before lol.

also i will post up some photos of the damage on the car so you guys can see what all it is that the car needs