Tin Man Cold Air Kit

theMonch

2QIK4U
Could not find any info on Tin Man Cold Air kits on internet. I know that this is the company that makes them.

Tylco Metal Fab & Supply - Sterling Heights, MI

But I have not been able to find a vendor that sells it online. Does anyone have a link, or some insight, how much is it? , etc.?

From what I have heard, it requires no permanent modifications to the car (like hole under charcoal canister). Is this true, are there any other kits out there that can make this claim as well?

Thanks in Advance

His email is tylkometal@prodigy.net

Tin Man performance Products
40383 Brentwood Drive
Sterling Heights, MI 48310

Phone (586) 939-2410

The big mouth kit has 2 versions, the older version is very similiar and looks better IMHO, can be seen in the vendor section. The older does not require any modifications to the car just like the Tin Mans and should be equivilant in air flow.

What is your set up, turbo, maf pipe size needed, maf or no maf etc?

Thanks
Bill

Where to purchase TinMan Cold-air kits

Monch,

Thumper's info regarding Email and PH# for TinMan Perf. Products is correct.
Our website needs a major overhaul, but is ......Tinmans Cold Air Kit Page

By the way, TinMan Cold-air kits come with full install instructions, and are GUARANTEED to fit. They are designed to install without any cutting, drilling, or relocating of other original existing parts. And will outflow any other "similar" 4" Cold-air kit on the market!! ( How's a 9.21 E.T. @ 147mph-(as of4/2008) with the same 4"x9" filter that comes standard with every TinMan Cold-air kit !! )

And Quick6'n'-K.C.,
Both the TinMan Cold-air kit and the Bigmouth kits include components from the filter to the MAF sensor only !
MAF pipes are a separate part ordered "IN ADDITION" to the cold air kits no matter who's kit one uses.
Also, just to clarify: The purchase/installation of the TinMan Cold air kit was NOT the problem with the installation reffered to. It was a "shorter" than usual MAF pipe(NOT from TinMan Performance). And a solution was offered.......Nuf said.

Al
TinMan Performance Products

And Quick6'n'-K.C.,
Both the TinMan Cold-air kit and the Bigmouth kits include components from the filter to the MAF sensor only !
MAF pipes are a separate part ordered "IN ADDITION" to the cold air kits no matter who's kit one uses.
Also, just to clarify: The purchase/installation of the TinMan Cold air kit was NOT the problem with the installation reffered to. It was a "shorter" than usual MAF pipe(NOT from TinMan Performance). And a solution was offered.......Nuf said.

I was just trying to help the guy out, i listed your site, gave a alternative site and left it up to the buyer.

I think anyone could figure out that the maf pipe was the culprit, i highly doubt you would offer a kit that did not work....
Glad you gave someone the heads up after they purchased the kit, now it will finally be put together with no issues.:)

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C.,

No Problem. Your statement,( "so you don't make the same mistake") could have been taken 2 ways. Just wanted to clarify the facts.;)

Take Care
Al
TinMan Performance Products

Quick 6'n'-K.C.

The TinMan Perf. 4" MAF pipe is a 2-pc adjustable design. In most applications it will clear the IAC. But on some installs (depending on the turbo, 3-bolt or 4 bolt, aftermarket headers, etc.), an angled IAC boss may be needed.

Al