Timing v boost/ race fuel v alky

tyrod

Razor, I am very impressed with you and other members results with the alky. I hope my questions arent too redundent. My sig has the combo of my car. I run 29-30lbs. @ 23/21 degrees. Short 3rd gear burst most the time on 275/50 DRs (tends to get squirly under 55). I run 110 straight all the time unless I go to the track, then it gets the 116 (Nippo o2 has over 1,000mi of straight lead). I want to drive the car more so the fuel is a factor pricewise. Will I be able to keep my boost up and timing the same or will I be able to add to them or back off with your kit. Does one alc offer benefits over another (denatured v meth v iso etc) ? Im sorry if you have been asked such a thousand times. I have very limited time to research. :)

So the question is will alcohol allow you to run 29-30 PSI on 23/21 timing?

On some cars yes. And for that pressure only straight methanol.

And understand 29-30 PSI .. is a lot of boost and a place where bad things can happen really fast. Alcohol or not. If your watching your readings like a hawk.. you can do the numbers. I have plenty of customers running that pressure and timing. And a few with much higher timing.

And if you get a day at the track you may want to really push on the car, nothing wrong with spiking the fuel in the tank with C16 and running the alky on top of that.

Once the car is tuned on alky... no need to change anything around. It never hurts to add octane for added protection. How can it :) Your car will be faster spraying alcohol on top of C16 than without.

Your knock sensor will let you know the limit. Keep it close to zero and you'll be fine.