Timing map for XFI

2buicks

It's NEVER "Done".
Hi, I have an XFI and was wondering what kind of max timing (under load) everyone is running. I seem to have very high exhaust temps as soon as I get on the throttle. Shoots to 1500+. Its not lean 12:1 +/-. Running about 20psi with methanol. (non-intercooled) Gonna get back on the dyno next week and try and resolve this. Not enough timing can cause high exhaust temps so I was just thinking maybe to crank it up a bit. ??

JMO, 12:1 @ 20psi, even w/ alky is a bit lean...
What is the timing looking like, as it now is?
A screen shot of the map???

Hi, I have an XFI and was wondering what kind of max timing (under load) everyone is running. I seem to have very high exhaust temps as soon as I get on the throttle. Shoots to 1500+. Its not lean 12:1 +/-. Running about 20psi with methanol. (non-intercooled) Gonna get back on the dyno next week and try and resolve this. Not enough timing can cause high exhaust temps so I was just thinking maybe to crank it up a bit. ??
Not sure if 1500 is a problem. I was hitting 1700+ at about 21-22# with C-16.
Allan G.

JMO, 12:1 @ 20psi, even w/ alky is a bit lean...
What is the timing looking like, as it now is?
A screen shot of the map???

That is lean with alky wow......I would try 10.9 with alky depending on how much your spraying........OUCH probably 21 degrees timing....

I'd agree with Norbs.... With out that IC your intake air temps will be higher and so will your exhaust temps. You'll have to target at least 11.5 at WOT for now... I was only running 18deg of timing but that was with cool intake air temps and 17psi on a larger turbo. (No meth) I was about 10-15deg above ambiant air temps after full pass. Put some more fuel to it for sure... should drop your exaust temps. ~Scott

my target AF with 93/alky is 10.5 , at 20psi around 10.8... 12.0:1 youll be looking for new pistons unless you're running a vtec