Timing chain?

dragway

I am replacing timing chain with double roller and was wondering how everyone is installing the straight up or advance or retarded ? I bought it from cottons ans has 3 settings 4 degrees adv or 4 retarded or straight up . Mods are in sig .

If you're just changing the timing set install it straight up. If it was a new build and you were going to degree the cam you might want to advance it a bit. FYI, don't re-install the stock tensioner with a double roller timing set.

Neal

Also there is a tab/ridge on the inside of the front cover towards the top, u might have to cut it back to prevent interference with the chain.

Also there is a tab/ridge on the inside of the front cover towards the top, u might have to cut it back to prevent interference with the chain.

Yep. Rollmasters like to interfere with that stupid flap., I'm guessing you noticed that flap was machined off on your cover.

does anyone have any pics on what to shave off and how big to make the oil hole in timing cover

here u go

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1384634428_829017.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1384634428_829017.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 277
Beware of the "cheap" double roller chain sets with a cast cam gear as we have had many issues with them as they may not last very long? :(

This set only had a few thousand miles of use:

buick timing chain 006.JPG

Beware of the "cheap" double roller chain sets with a cast cam gear as we have had many issues with them as they may not last very long? :(

This set only had a few thousand miles of use:
It also had drive gear problems for the cam sensor also or big foot problems till it warmed up . o_O