Times and combos with billet turbos

What kind of rods do you recommend for welding the aluminum heads to the cast iron block? :biggrin:

Buy an aluminum block, problem solved:biggrin: The next issue will be valvesprings......don't bother calling anywhere for a spring unless you can get top fuel take-off's.......nothing else will hold up.

Buy an aluminum block, problem solved:biggrin: The next issue will be valvesprings......don't bother calling anywhere for a spring unless you can get top fuel take-off's.......nothing else will hold up.

How do the turbo diesel tractor pullers do it? I read somewhere they run sequential turbos and around 200 psi :eek: positive pressure on the intake. I would guess it goes without saying that they run a pretty stiff valve spring too... no?

Intesting information but it's throwing the thread off track.;)

Those are not thoughts. Ive found they make boost a lot easier than older turbos with old design turbines. I easily made 30psi with a 6262 and had very little wastegate tension. Coming to life is not really what i meant. What i meant was where you struggle to make more boost with older turbos these are easily cranked up without adding external sources of pressure. No maps are published but id expect them to continue making more and more power the more they are cranked. Most guys on here arent even close to running anywhere near the mass flow through their engines they can. These guys just need to get the nut to crank it up. C16 with 21-22* verified timing is no problem with boost in the 32-33psi range. The difference on a strong combo with 21-22psi vs 32-33psi with one of these 65 trim turbos will be drastic. Id expect at least 150whp and maybe close to 175whp on an 8.5:1 engine if the tune was good. Thats about a second e.t. reduction potential. There is nothing there at all if your making 500whp with a 6265 vs a 6262 on these small engines. I mean absolutely nothing as far as power. You will need more converter for the 65 wheel though.

Brian: The new PTE catalog is out and the thing that caught my attention immediately was the difference in power ratings between the 6765 the 6765 with the CEA turbine wheel; jumps from 755 HP to 900 HP with the CEA wheel. I saw no other difference in the two other than price.

Phil Engle

6262sp .63 a/r

19psi, 20*, 0 kr, 110/93 fuel mix, 275-40-17 performance tires, ebay fmic, a/f 10.80-11.0. Street trim.

R: .727
60: 1.81
330: 5.013
1/8th: 7.68
mph: 93.37

Did not lock the converter and left on 4psi. The air was humid and the temp was low 80's. Going back in a couple weeks with my qtp's bolted on, 3" dp, and adjusting the tune a bit. I'm happy with the results thus far:biggrin:

btw...what would this convert to 1/4 mile?

Brian: The new PTE catalog is out and the thing that caught my attention immediately was the difference in power ratings between the 6765 the 6765 with the CEA turbine wheel; jumps from 755 HP to 900 HP with the CEA wheel. I saw no other difference in the two other than price.

Phil Engle
I think you meant compressor wheel. The difference would be in mass flow so if it's rated 145hp more then you will be running probably 8-10psi more to get the power. So 675whp@24psi and 815whp@34psi. Bolting one on and not increasing boost will not net much. Also keep in mind that those ratings mean little since the owner of the car can push any turbo beyond it's recomended speed. Typically cast wheels have a lower overspeed limit than a billet wheel even though the compressor will continue making power at overspeed. Very few on here ever ran their turbos that hard. I've made 750hp with a cast 66 compressor wheel. There was a little more in it. It was being oversped for sure.

19psi, 20*, 0 kr, 110/93 fuel mix, 275-40-17 performance tires, ebay fmic, a/f 10.80-11.0. Street trim.

R: .727
60: 1.81
330: 5.013
1/8th: 7.68
mph: 93.37

Did not lock the converter and left on 4psi. The air was humid and the temp was low 80's. Going back in a couple weeks with my qtp's bolted on, 3" dp, and adjusting the tune a bit. I'm happy with the results thus far:biggrin:

btw...what would this convert to 1/4 mile?

That is about a 12.0.

Looks like you got a lot more to go too!

6262 Journal Bearing Maiden Voyage Run

6262 Journal Bearing, 3.840" Diamond Pistons (.040 over), (RJC Girdle, crank scraper, xtra capacity oil pan, FMIC), 60 lb injectors, alkycontrol single nozzle, TT SD
60' 1.858 @ 24 psi
1/8 7.311
mph 99.94
1/4 11.177
mph 127.79 @ 29.6 psi
Power Logger File
View attachment 11.17 run.dat.zip

This car has not been back to the track since this run. The converter was not locked, the next performance upgrade will be a nl converter from Dusty.
Street car, no cage, 22.6 mpg average on 14 hour cruise to BPG Nationals in Hebron OH and back to York PA...... on M/T drag radials... :wink:

Chuck

Good times!

Why go with non lock? I've always understood a lock up only effects crusing.

Good times!

Why go with non lock? I've always understood a lock up only effects crusing.

Not true, a good non-lockup converter will have better efficiency than a lockup at the track (running it unlocked).

new best 5857

finely got to 11.9 took two years and 33 passes from 14.3 bone stock to 11.939 110 MPH best 60ft 1.628 the new hoosier helped my 60ft 24.7lb boost

Nice! Good 60'. Next try it at 28psi.

went from a TE60 to a 6768 an swaped the converter 3400 l/u 3770lb 2nd pass ran a 10.97@ only 119 with a sorry 1.66 60ft converter was too tight out the hole an way loose on the big end would barley do a burnout ... stock longblock ...... head gaskets had been lifting for awhile an gave up the ghost @ the 1kfoot mark
let it sit for a yr ... been working on it since 2010 lol
10secslip.jpg

Nice times! Something is definatlly costing you mph and et on the big end, short times are really good though. You may have a 130 car once the converter is fixed.

Getting there

went from a TE60 to a 6768 an swaped the converter 3400 l/u 3770lb 2nd pass ran a 10.97@ only 119 with a sorry 1.66 60ft converter was too tight out the hole an way loose on the big end would barley do a burnout ... stock longblock ...... head gaskets had been lifting for awhile an gave up the ghost @ the 1kfoot mark
let it sit for a yr ... been working on it since 2010 lol
10secslip.jpg

It's got a 10.50 pass it it for sure!! Tighten it up and go again. My tranny went out last night ;( so I guess I need to find 1 . I did make $$$$ on this hurrican ( LINEMAN FORMAN) so that's covered. Keep us posted and GL!!

Just ran an 11.05 @ 126 with a dbb ta6265. Car wouldn't take over a 2lb launch so my 60 fts were in the 1.7-8 range. Boost was 23-24 psi with 23/21 timing.

It's got a 10.50 pass it it for sure!! Tighten it up and go again. My tranny went out last night ;( so I guess I need to find 1 . I did make $$$$ on this hurrican ( LINEMAN FORMAN) so that's covered. Keep us posted and GL!!

thanks yeah that was nov 09 ... lost intrest in it for awhile .... im changing some things up now ... sounded like a poweglide rpm never droped ... looked like i pulled away from a stop light lol

http://youtu.be/Zoq-5S1V_lc