Time to go Stage II!

The nitrous system plumbing is DONE!!! Yay!

IMGP2809rs.jpg
IMGP2862rs.jpg
IMGP2860rs.jpg

The next project will be to machine all the o-ring grooves into the many sealing surfaces of the intake.
After that, I'll also be making some exhaust port to exhaust header flange adapters and have some exhaust header flanges made (waterjet). The plan is to use a fairly large primary pipe, so an adapter between the head and the exhaust header flange will be needed.

I've got the IQ of a house plant. Keep the pics/info comin' step by step...and hopefully I can keep up with this till the outcome. :) Very cool watching this build.

Alky V6 said:
Some other pics.

Pics don't do this thing justice guys! Saw it in person and was in awe to say the least. Loved the machined surfaces vs the glass beaded surfaces, looks great.

Was good to see you again Donnie!

Thanks, James. I hope your heads turned out the way you hoped.

Today I finished the port matching between the intake flanges and the runners. Tomorrow I'll start machining all the o-ring grooves.
The o-rings that I'm going to use will be .070" diameter Viton rubber. The depth of the grooves will need to be .047", and the width of the grooves will need to be .094". I'll be using a 3/32" milling bit to machine the grooves.

Looks like it's going to be a tight fit for that fuel rail under the plenum with all the nitrous plumbing. I'm running 2 rails/16 injectors all under the plenum on my new engine and injector changes are not fun.

How many hours you got in this intake so far? Looks great!

Looks like it's going to be a tight fit for that fuel rail under the plenum with all the nitrous plumbing. I'm running 2 rails/16 injectors all under the plenum on my new engine and injector changes are not fun.

How many hours you got in this intake so far? Looks great!
If the fuel rails I plan on using were the typical extruded aluminum, I would agree with you, but I plan on using stainless rails which are more thin walled than the aluminum rails. Even so, the secondary rail will just fit with little room to spare. Setting up the secondary fuel rail is going to be tricky. One rail will feed all six sec. injectors. I'm going to try to set up the fuel rail dimensions so that I can remove the injectors without having to remove one bank of intake runners.
You'll notice that I machined a pocket in the valley cover plate. The nitrous system fuel solenoid will sit in that pocket. There is a little bit of room to move the nitrous distribution manifolds down to make just a little bit more room for the sec. fuel rail.
Good eye noticing that with the sec injector rail.

I stopped keeping track of the time I've got in the manifold. It's a good thing I'm having fun building this thing.

Looks beautiful Donnie. Really, really nice. I assume the o-rings are just "o-ring stock", straight-line pieces that you will have to cement/glue/overlap/fuse the ends together?

After seeing these in person it makes me want to get a cross sliding vise on my drill press and some end mills and whittle some metal... :)

That's right, James. I have some o-ring stock left over from the Stage I manifold. In the past I would just butt the ends together with a dab of silicone sealer, but for this project, I'm going to look into getting tooling to properly vulcanize the ends together.

Don.......
are you still married?
had Cheryl disowned you yet?
after all this , she is a jewel!!!!!!!! LOL