Time to go Stage II!

Thanks, Scott.
Some comments,
1 - Very nice work. I would have bet that it was a CNC job on the runners.
2 - Don't like the dead space below the runners in the valley area, looks like a place for FOD to accumulate or even worse some fuel vapor that may start to liquify and puddle.
3 - For some reason, runners look longer than I thought you were going to make.
4 - I'm sure it will be a really nice piece when its done.

Allan G.

Some comments,
1 - Very nice work. I would have bet that it was a CNC job on the runners.
2 - Don't like the dead space below the runners in the valley area, looks like a place for FOD to accumulate or even worse some fuel vapor that may start to liquify and puddle.
3 - For some reason, runners look longer than I thought you were going to make.
4 - I'm sure it will be a really nice piece when its done.

Allan G.
Thanks, Allan.
The dead space is going to be filled with secondary injector plumbing and nitrous plumbing.
The runners are the length I was planning for, but I failed to add the runner entrances to the equation, so the runners overall will end up being longer than I planned. I have to see what the sim thinks about that. The height of the entrance plates with the particular type of radii I will be using will add about half their height to the effective tuning length of the runner.

My biggest problem now is making sure the rest of the manifold lives up to what I started with these runners.

The change in intake runner length, taking the runner entry plate into consideration, will add an additional 1.3" to the total 'tuning length' of the intake runner to give a new total 'tuning length' of 6.425". Running this change in the sim shows a little more help with spooling the turbo in the 5250-6200 rpm range, with a loss in peak bhp at 8250 rpm of about 15 hp. Leaving the predicted peak bhp level at 1,596. I'll take the trade.

To Gene's defense, he doesn't know the type of person I am. I'm sure everyone has been guilty of prejudging a person a time or two..
Are you saying you might be guilty of prejudging me as well?;) Your intake is a nice exercise of machining a modular style intake manifold and i respect your ambition:) Its complicated but thats the way you like things i guess.I think its pretty cool looking so far.:D

Are you saying you might be guilty of prejudging me as well?;) Your intake is a nice exercise of machining a modular style intake manifold and i respect your ambition:) Its complicated but thats the way you like things i guess.I think its pretty cool looking so far.:D
Thanks, Gene.
I've finished performing the final widening of the runners. All that's left is some very slight port matching to do.
Still waiting for the plenum sheet metal to come back from the sheet metal guy, and to hear of any progress from the CNC machinist on the port entries.
Lately, I've been working on fabricating the nitrous system distribution blocks out of stainless steel so that I don't have to worry about any corrosion from the methanol. In that area, anyway. I'm trying to make them as compact and equal flowing as possible. As usual for me, they're not a simple machining project.

Some latest pics after final widening of the runners. They were widened by .090".

IMGP2800rs.jpg
IMGP2797rs.jpg

The nitrous system distribution blocks are basically finished, except for a little final welding to do.
The secret in how these work is incorporated in the center plugs.

IMGP2801rs.jpg

Do you plan on taking the car to a dyno? It will be very interesting to see this monster in action.....

Agreed. Donnie on the dyno could be the next SW section outing. ;)

I am sure the pics don't do this thing justice. I can't wait to swing by the shop and take a closer look.

Yes. The plan is to put this creation on the dyno. There's a chassis dyno in our industrial complex. How convenient is that! I'll just need to drive it across the lot.

Today, I'll be plumbing up the nitrous lines from the distribution blocks to the nozzles.

Pics of the progress on the nitrous plumbing.
With the placement of the nitrous nozzles that I picked, it could not have been a tighter fit for the nitrous lines. Very tight.

IMGP2804rs.jpg
IMGP2806rs.jpg
IMGP2807rs.jpg

that just reeks of BIG horse power!!!!!
very nice! well thought out, and well executed!!!
but we've come to expect that from you, LOL