Time to go Stage II!

Engine power is not going to be the key at Barona. Tony and I will both be generating MORE than enough power for this track on a 10.5" tire.

The key will be chassis setup and traction control.

Tony is welcome to bring along all his experts to help him out with his car.
In my camp, it'll just be me doing all the building, tuning and chassis setup. Oh. I'll have my expert crew chief with me. ;)

Donnie, unless I am out of town for work, I will be there too. I am down to help any way I can. I told my sons about this and they want to go too. They are great tire pressure checkers. ;)

My 11 year old is even trying to talk my wife into spending some more $ on my car to bring out and play at the same time. I wish!

Tire pressure is going to be very important. Start training them now. The tire pressures will need to be set down to the quarter of a pound.
I'm hogging out the intake runners at this very moment.

Best of luck, James, (Squid4life). I am sure that the South Western area section will be pulling for you.

James, if you think you might need your wing back before this event, let me know ASAP so I can get it back to you. That would be great if you could get the car ready in time.

Eh, I would love to have it together out there, just to make some passes and have some fun, but it is doubtful. I will let you know as the time gets closer, but for now we can stick to the plan of you using it.

The intake runners are pretty close to being done. I'll post some pics this weekend.
I do not recommend building a bolt together intake from scratch. What a PITA. I had to make some changes to the design to make things a little simpler for me. The runners will not be a straight shot down the port of the head. Darn. :(

Getting closer.

IMGP2730rs.jpg
IMGP2729rs.jpg

I didn't even read this whole thread, but if it's a grudge race between Tony G and Donnie "slowest thumper chassis turbo in the country" W, I would definitely like to get in on the betting.

I would love to bet against don W, please PM me if anyone is interested in betting with him. Thanks!

Donnie is going to get gapped and I would love to profit from it. Please let me know if anyone is interested in a side bet. Especially you Donnie, I'd love to side bet with you directly!

Hell I would like to race you myself.

Wow Donnie, remind me to never attempt at building my own intake! Looks like a tough job, well above my abilities or patience level! I need to come take a peek.

Wow Donnie, remind me to never attempt at building my own intake! Looks like a tough job, well above my abilities or patience level! I need to come take a peek.
You're right. It's been tough. I knew the runners were going to be the hardest part, but they're almost done. Next will be deciding the configuration of the plenum, and how the air will enter the plenum.

Really nice work. What tool do you use to counterbore those holes? I had a tool in a cnc one time that had the counterbore on a hinge. Spin it in reverse and it would swing in and the tool could fit through the pilot. Once through spin the tool in the right direction and it would swing the c'bore out to cut.

You are definitely dedicated. I can only imagine the time you have in those parts on manual machines.

Really nice work. What tool do you use to counterbore those holes? I had a tool in a cnc one time that had the counterbore on a hinge. Spin it in reverse and it would swing in and the tool could fit through the pilot. Once through spin the tool in the right direction and it would swing the c'bore out to cut.

You are definitely dedicated. I can only imagine the time you have in those parts on manual machines.
Thanks, Mike.
The tool is a reverse counterbore (back spotfacer).