Time to go Stage II!

Whatever happened to "Going fast with class"?
Is name calling, insulting one another, vulgarity, & profanity the best that we can do?
Childishness is not a virtue.

Hey Tony if you want to pay me $10,000 to the come out so you can whip up on my car just let me know I can leave in the morning!

I'm still good for the $1k I mentioned earlier. This can be used for travel expenses or as part of the prize for the winning driver. If Don decides to travel back east then he can have the $1k for expenses and if Tony decides to come here the same is true. If Tony and Don agree to meet at a track somewhere in the middle then I'll give them each $500. If Tony comes to San Diego I have a spare bedroom and plenty of on street parking at my house if that helps.

Neal

I wonder if I should put some money up for Tony too? What would be the payback for me , if Tony wins?
If others want to start some 'spectator stand wagering' on this matchup, go for it! It should be a close and exciting matchup for the gambling types out there. I don't know how something like that works, so someone else is going to have to handle that deal.

If someone wants to post up how this wagering thing might work, I might be willing to throw something in the pot. It won't be much, due to my budget, but I'm game.

I dont gamble but it seem to me the odds would be pretty lopsided.. Racing a guy with a proven combo against a guy with a sims combo thats never even started the engine would make it lopsided Would this be a best of 3 or what?

I dont gamble but it seem to me the odds would be pretty lopsided.. Racing a guy with a proven combo against a guy with a sims combo thats never even started the engine would make it lopsided Would this be a best of 3 or what?
I think we should allow some testing to give Tony a chance to dial in the track conditions, unless he would like to just line up and make the first run the real deal. I'll go for that. If Tony feels he does need some test runs, I think we should restrict the testing to 2 runs for each of us. Then line up for the final.
Tony is only going to get one chance. He's going to need to make sure it counts. If I do win, and he wants to have more runs with me, that will be fine. I'll run him all he wants. If he wins and wants to pack things up, that will be fine, too.

I'm sure Tony will be running traction control, so he really shouldn't need any test runs, but I'll leave that up to him.

Donnie all you have to do is swap out the turbo to a gt47/88 and you might win this.........")

Donnie all you have to do is swap out the turbo to a gt47/88 and you might win this.........")
Well, Tony's going to have a great advantage with the cubic inches deal. I think it's only fair that I should also give him the advantage on the turbo too. I'll be sticking with the plan that I've already outlined. Except, I may have to add traction control to the car,... for this very special occasion. ;)

Engine power is not going to be the key at Barona. Tony and I will both be generating MORE than enough power for this track on a 10.5" tire.

The key will be chassis setup and traction control.

Tony is welcome to bring along all his experts to help him out with his car.
In my camp, it'll just be me doing all the building, tuning and chassis setup. Oh. I'll have my expert crew chief with me. ;)