Time to go Stage II!

I think you should take your own advice Mr. I know my limitations and you should to because the only time i meet you was at Vegas with a huge window in the side of your stage 2 block with one of your tunes so i wouldnt go blowing your horn.OK..........
This statement cracks me up!!! Just what is it that you're trying to accomplish here? You're obviously trying to beat me down over something. What is it? What's your beef with me, Gene?

I remember that time in Vegas. I thought it was nice of you to introduce yourself. That was actually one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Now you had to go and sour that memory for me by showing me how easily you can turn and stab a person in the back just for plain, ol' fashioned spite. Wow. Some people.

Im sorry and i admit that was un called for:( but your comment tipped me over(You're dangerous, Gene. Leave the tuning advice to others) I should have NEVER said anything about you or anybody eleses bad luck because it can happen to anybody. Again im sorry and have no beef with you:) and will keep my opinions to myself from now on..

Im sorry and i admit that was un called for:( but your comment tipped me over(You're dangerous, Gene. Leave the tuning advice to others) I should have never said anything about you or anybody eleses bad luck because it can happen to anybody. Again im sorry and have no beef with you:)
Apology accepted.
I realize that you don't do your own tuning, so I understand that there are many aspects about engine performance that you don't understand. One thing you should understand though, is that when you make a suggestion to a tuner that he needs to seek the advice of another tuner, that's a bit over the line, if you know what I mean.

[quote I understand that there are many aspects about engine performance that you don't understand. One thing you should understand though, is that when you make a suggestion to a tuner that he needs to seek the advice of another tuner, that's a bit over the line, if you know what I mean.[/quote]
These are the statments that tip me over and i do understand alot more than some that think they know it all (if you know what I mean..)I dont consider myself a tuner and i guess you consider yourself a tuner.. You do know i tuned my stock block to 9.9 10 plus years ago with stock crank,rods,intake,headers and built the motor..Right? And i do tune my street car thats been 9.7 140 mph and build that engine also right?

I understand that there are many aspects about engine performance that you don't understand. One thing you should understand though, is that when you make a suggestion to a tuner that he needs to seek the advice of another tuner, that's a bit over the line, if you know what I mean.
These are the statments that tip me over and i do understand alot more than some that think they know it all (if you know what I mean..)I dont consider myself a tuner and i guess you consider yourself a tuner.. You do know i tuned my stock block to 9.9 10 plus years ago with stock crank,rods,intake,headers and built the motor..Right? And i do tune my street car thats been 9.7 140 mph and build that engine also right?

Do you build the engine for, and tune your big race car? And if not, why is that?

And no. I guess I'm not a tuner. I just somehow slapped a bunch of MISMATCHED parts together, used some very, very uncommon system elements, configurations and tuning strategies, set the initial timing (now, that there was important) and managed to get me a daggum 8. Hot damn. Imagine that. (said using a deep southern drawl)
Good grief!

Yes i build all my motors and no i didnt tune the race car because unlike yourself i wanted to have somebody help me through the learning curve of alcohol and im glad i did. Hell all i would have to do with my street car is change the trans to a turbo 400 and put a new turbo on it and run high 8s like you did with my own tune. I just didnt want to make my street car a full out race car.Running 8,s with your parts and weight is not that hard with the right turbo even if it is miss matched.. LOL Let just leave it at that Don and call it quits because i will never understand you and you will never understand me.

Yes i build all my motors and no i didnt tune the race car because unlike yourself i wanted to have somebody help me through the learning curve of alcohol and im glad i did. Hell all i would have to do with my street car is change the trans to a turbo 400 and put a new turbo on it and run high 8s like you did with my own tune. I just didnt want to make my street car a full out race car.Running 8,s with your parts and weight is not that hard with the right turbo even if it is miss matched.. LOL Let just leave it at that Don and call it quits because i will never understand you and you will never understand me.
Yep. Real easy to run those 8s. Everyone's doing 8s. Didn't you know that? Hey, Chris. Your and my accomplishments. Simply small potatoes.

You didn't answer my question. You've never had a problem with an engine?
Here's another one for you. Do you think there is any value in going through a learning curve on your own?

Ive had engine issues before and id be a lying if i said i didnt.As far as the learning curve you have to learn to benifit from it.Everbody is running 7,s now didnt you know that LOL... Im done posting on this thread because as you said in so many words im a dumb ass and not as smart as you..
Qoute (I understand that there are many aspects about engine performance that you don't understand)

As far as the learning curve you have to learn to benifit from it.
I didn't learn a thing. Believe me. o_O

I'm just hopin' I don't manage to stumble across one a dem daggum 7s with a stock style chassis and suspension an' all. Now wouldn't that just be the cat's meow. :confused:

Its already been done with a smaller turbo and no bottle lol...

Its already been done with a smaller turbo and no bottle lol...
I know that, Gene. You see, I know you think I'm an idiot an' all, but I do pay attention sometimes. I never stated that I'd be the first, did I? ;)

I don't know what sort of fellas you hang around with, but do they have to put up with your constant condescending remarks too? Poor guys. You must be a real bundle of joy to hang around with.
Or, maybe you're one of those types that enjoys bad mouthing people behind their backs to raise your own self-esteem and entertain your buddies, hoping to get some cheap laughs. A real charmer, I'm sure.

I know that, Gene. You see, I know you think I'm an idiot an' all, but I do pay attention sometimes. I never stated that I'd be the first, did I? ;)

I don't know what sort of fellas you hang around with, but do they have to put up with your constant condescending remarks too? Poor guys. You must be a real bundle of joy to hang around with.
Or, maybe you're one of those types that enjoys bad mouthing people behind their backs to raise your own self-esteem and entertain your buddies, hoping to get some cheap laughs. A real charmer, I'm sure.

Well....... I geuss we can ad Geno's name to the list that donny argues with ?

Well....... I geuss we can ad Geno's name to the list that donny argues with ? This is a list that gets longer with every post donny makes.

lol Hah! Speaking of charmers. You're right on cue, Tony.
I wouldn't call tolerating condescending individuals arguing.

lol Hah! Speaking of charmers. You're right on cue, Tony.

I think people would better understand my position in this whole thing if they knew what my goals for this project were, exactly.
The original goal for my project was 650 bhp, 700 bhp if I was lucky. As time progressed, the goal changed along with the progress. Contrary to what others may feel, I do realize what the limitations of this configuration are. It is primarily the heads. Next, would be the cubes. From the beginning of this project I always knew the heads were the limiting factor. The original goal was to see what I could get out of these heads. That's all.
The latest goal with these heads is 1230 bhp. I think the heads will be done at that bhp figure. I figure I'm 50-100 hp from reaching that goal. Heck, that's a couple more pounds of boost, if I can get it to the ground. Some obviously feel that is a petty goal. I don't feel the same way. These are heads that flowed at only 210 cfm, and the original goal did not include class racing the car. If that were the case, I completely understand that heads would be the key to winning, as it always has been.

I have to laugh when some of you bag on me for this and that as if I don't know what the limitations of my setup are. The truth is, some of you just don't get it that I DO know what the limitations are, and I don't know why the heck some of you have to bag on me. Some people just need to pick on someone, I guess. That's fine. I'm entertained by it.

For the record. I do realize that if I were to bolt on a better set of heads (Stage II), it would be a quick and easy 400 bhp or so. I'm just waiting for the Stage I head technology to get to a point where it is even with or surpasses the capabilities of the Stage II head. That way I don't have to change my manifolding. If you know what I mean. :biggrin:​
Donnie

Bolt on 400 HP !!!!!! so i guess your gonna pick up 20 mph with "just" a head change...... well i guess we will all wait and see THAT !!!!!!!

I think people would better understand my position in this whole thing if they knew what my goals for this project were, exactly.​
The original goal for my project was 650 bhp, 700 bhp if I was lucky. As time progressed, the goal changed along with the progress. Contrary to what others may feel, I do realize what the limitations of this configuration are. It is primarily the heads. Next, would be the cubes. From the beginning of this project I always knew the heads were the limiting factor. The original goal was to see what I could get out of these heads. That's all.​
The latest goal with these heads is 1230 bhp. I think the heads will be done at that bhp figure. I figure I'm 50-100 hp from reaching that goal. Heck, that's a couple more pounds of boost, if I can get it to the ground. Some obviously feel that is a petty goal. I don't feel the same way. These are heads that flowed at only 210 cfm, and the original goal did not include class racing the car. If that were the case, I completely understand that heads would be the key to winning, as it always has been.​
I have to laugh when some of you bag on me for this and that as if I don't know what the limitations of my setup are. The truth is, some of you just don't get it that I DO know what the limitations are, and I don't know why the heck some of you have to bag on me. Some people just need to pick on someone, I guess. That's fine. I'm entertained by it.​
For the record. I do realize that if I were to bolt on a better set of heads (Stage II), it would be a quick and easy 400 bhp or so. I'm just waiting for the Stage I head technology to get to a point where it is even with or surpasses the capabilities of the Stage II head. That way I don't have to change my manifolding. If you know what I mean. :biggrin:​
Donnie

Bolt on 400 HP !!!!!! so i guess your gonna pick up 20 mph with "just" a head change...... well i guess we will all wait and see THAT !!!!!!!
What hp figure are you adding 400 to? The above goal of 1,230? Or the actual that I've come up with?
I know you have to know what the actual hp figure is that I've calculated from timeslips. I've mentioned that figure multiple times on this site, and you keep such good track of everything I post, you've got to know what that number is. What's that number, Tony?
I'll give you some time to research it.

Trying to figure out what my new targets are, Tony? I thought I had already given you the weight and target bhp range.

What hp figure are you adding 400 to? The above goal of 1,230? Or the actual that I've come up with?
I know you have to know what the actual hp figure is that I've calculated from timeslips. I've mentioned that figure multiple times on this site, and you keep such good track of everything I post, you've got to know what that number is. What's that number, Tony?
I'll give you some time to research it.

YOU stated that bolting on a set of stage 2 heads would "easily" gain you 400 hp. So that means whatever you were able to do with the smaller than anyone elses heads, by taking those off and bolting on a set of stage 2s bingo 400 hp !!!!!!!

YOU stated that bolting on a set of stage 2 heads would "easily" gain you 400 hp. So that means whatever you were able to do with the smaller than anyone elses heads, by taking those off and bolting on a set of stage 2s bingo 400 hp !!!!!!!
:confused: Ah, yeah. That's right. What's your point? I suppose you don't think that's possible?